D. Martell For Sale - 240 Gyuto - Summit Collection

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tough to make something, to put so much effort out, and have it sit without selling but I understand how money doesn't grow on trees (Dad taught me that) and how I can't expect every knife to sell instantly. I think what hurts the most is to have to drop the pricing down just because I need the $$ for bills. I'm certainly grateful for those who have purchased my knives, even at the lowered prices, but I can tell you that as soon as I don't have to do this anymore the happier I'll be and that day gets closer and closer all the time.

Regarding this knife's current sale pricing....this is the lowest I'll be able to go folks. This one took a lot of extra work and I simply can't go any lower. If the knife doesn't sell at this price then I'll raise it back up and let it sit on the website for however long it takes. I'd rather sell a kidney than give this one away.

Thanks to everyone who's made such nice comments about or considered purchasing this knife. :)

Dave

It's tough to make something, to put so much effort out, and have it sit without selling but I understand how money doesn't grow on trees (Dad taught me that) and how I can't expect every knife to sell instantly. I think what hurts the most is to have to drop the pricing down just because I need the $$ for bills. I'm certainly grateful for those who have purchased my knives, even at the lowered prices, but I can tell you that as soon as I don't have to do this anymore the happier I'll be and that day gets closer and closer all the time.

Regarding this knife's current sale pricing....this is the lowest I'll be able to go folks. This one took a lot of extra work and I simply can't go any lower. If the knife doesn't sell at this price then I'll raise it back up and let it sit on the website for however long it takes. I'd rather sell a kidney than give this one away.

Thanks to everyone who's made such nice comments about or considered purchasing this knife. :)

Dave

Don't worry Dave, it won't last long at this price.

The handle is really classy and elegant! I'm more of a punchy colorful handle guy personally, but a lot of people would prefer this one.

Here are some pictures taken in better lighting. You should be able to see that the ironwood is very unique in how it looks brown or purple with a little red depending on what lighting it catches, it looks a lot like rosewood in this respect.

The blade is very nicely ground to my design where the bottom half is super thin, the middle is convexed, and the spine (although tapered) retains weight. The tip is thin and set up well for cutting those onions.

I would be very surprised if this isn't one of the nicest knives you'll ever use, how about that for a statement? :D

If you should have any questions at all please feel free to ask away either here or in a PM, don't be shy, I welcome all inquiries. :thumbsup:

P1010001.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P1010025.JPG

P1010029.JPG

This sale offer ends today. Tomorrow the knife will go back to it's normal pricing. :eek:utonlimb:

Dave .... that really was an elegant knife .....I was almost forced to buy it even though I have too many already!
I do need to try one of your knives someday

Back