• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For sale or trade: Haburn banno bunka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rami_m

Reaction score
Hi,

in a story as old as time itself, I jumped the gun and ordered a custom from Ian before I had fully worked out what I really wanted. so I ended up with the most beautiful knife that I have seen, but which doesn't suit me, because apparently I like em high at the heel. so I am putting it for sale or trade

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...t-Work-Gallery?p=296011&viewfull=1#post296011

I paid $400+ shipping so I would be looking to get that back if possible.

Regards,
Rami

Such a beautiful piece of work...
GLWS!!
And here are the specs and photos for those ho doesn't want to click the link. :)

Banno Bunka in 52100. Handle with Burl Source silky oak, maple burl, stainless, and G10.
Poplar tension fit saya.
HRC: 63-64
Blade length: 171mm
Heel height: 43mm
NO53Ywsl.jpg
Tlu8z8Pl.jpg

JIjnXMpl.jpg

CA3xMWPl.jpg

JLCn5Zul.jpg

If you are looking to get back all the cost you put into buying your Haburn custom knife, why wouldn't someone with that amount of money pay for their own custom knife design directly from Haburn?

If you are looking to get back all the cost you put into buying your Haburn custom knife, why wouldn't someone with that amount of money pay for their own custom knife design directly from Haburn?

Perhaps this is someone's idea of the perfect Haburn, no waiting.

Also maybe read the rules of the BST before posting
"Commenting - The B/S/T forum is not a place for jokes, comments, discussions, recommendations, or suggestions on where to purchase products.

Negative comments in sales threads are forbidden and will result in revocation of B/S/T forum privileges. "

well, there is a matter of the wait for it, it takes a little while to make one of these. also I did say close to the cost, this is a fairly standard design of his, I didn't make any significant changes. and the cost reflects that. I just would not be happy if it just sat in a drawer. if no-one wanted it, I will just keep it.

Yeah, these kind of comments are verboten. People on the forum are smart enough to make their own decisions about what an appropriate price is.

As an owner of different Haburn knife let me just say that that rounded choil is very nice to use. This knife has 43mm blade width - should leave just enough room for knuckles if your hands are not too large. I must say - that the saya looks awesome too.

Actually I also own a stainlesss Haburn which I bought directly from his webstore rather than custom job and it's a wonderful piece. I like the handle of the piece rami_m is selling, but not looking for a banno bunka at the moment. Good luck with finding the right buyer who will be able to put it to good use.

For what it's worth, I've dealt with tchan, and he's a gentleman. I think it was a matter of curiosity, and not a malicious comment.

Also, that knife is sexy as all hell....

As I am looking to get that Shige that Huw has atm. I am dropping this to 350 + shipping. Make me an offer I can't refuse. :)

Ok, let's do 370 shipped and tracked to US. I will go halves on international shipping. If I don't get any bites I will just keep it :).

Congrats. Now you have extra funding to try new items.

Latest posts

Back