• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(from EU) Custom Ian Haburn 240mm AEB-L gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

after long consideration I have decided to sell my custom gyuto from Jan. The main reason to sell is that shortly after I got this knife form Jan a turned to to dark, patinated side and once I received my gyuto from Andy this lovely knife did not see any use.

The knife:
Since I wrote a lengthy review of the knife in October 2014 please do have a look for a more than detailed description.

The knife has an S grind and is very thin behind the edge. Thanks to stronger spine the blade is relatively stiff with exception of the tip which is very thinly ground (what is great for slicing). The blade has hand rubbed finish with 400 grit. The spine and choil are fully rounded. The F&F is excellent.

Dimensions:
- heel to tip: 240mm
- height at the heel: 48mm
- width of spine at heel: 3.0mm
- width of spine at middle: 2.5mm
- width of spine 1cm from the tip: 0.6mm
- handle height (behind bolster): 25mm
- handle width (behind bolster):19mm
- weight: 217g
- handle: Oregon maple burl (stabilised) with stainless bolster and spacer.

Condition:
The knife saw only little use and thanks to a very good edge holding it was sharpened only once. There are no scratches on the blade. All in all it looks pretty much like new.

Price:
$450 (cca 400€) + shipping. Please no trades.

Shipping:
The knife will be shipped from Germany, so no additional taxes should be applied by local customs for EU buyers.
Insured shipping:
- within Germnay: 7 €
- within EU: 14 €
- the rest of the world: 16 - 42 € depending on your location, please ask for exact quote.

Please note:
- If you have any questions, just reply to this thread.
- When you write me a PM please specify the knife - I am selling multiple items at the moment

Now for some photos:
These were just taken, you will find more in the review linked above. If you click on the photos you will find larger version on Flickr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back