Fu Rin Ka Zan Wi another JCK

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like it will cause problems. I would send it back, in case you really like that knife I would try sanding it down to make it flush and also make sure there isn't a gap between the SS and the white steel. If there is then I would without a doubt send it back.

After a few emails with Koki he basically said they were not tops in the finish dept, and that is just what they were,I decided not to press and fix it myself, turns out itwas pretty easy. I took a 400 grit sandpaper to it for about 10 min and found the core steel was not separated under the divit, while I was at it I rounded the sine and all is good. .

There is a handle on the way from Hawaii, once I get it installed I will be a happy camper.

@tk, I know it seems counter intuitive to have micro chipping and still be sharp, to be honest all I have been cutting is veggies, but after two days this knife cut tomatoes better than the Carter after two days. Can't explain it, perhaps micro serrations helped? However, now that I have worked over the MC, it performs like a champ.

Back