D. Martell Gallery - Re-Handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken all together, handle and fantastic etch, THE most wicked Hiro AS ever....

Looks like this one was thinned a little as well... did you do this before you stopped thinning the ASes?

Actually, this was the blade that made Dave STOP thinning. His belt broke for the 2nd time on this blade. It's still a bada$$ blade. Every time I even just look at it, I start smiling.

Actually, this was the blade that made Dave STOP thinning. His belt broke for the 2nd time on this blade. It's still a bada$$ blade. Every time I even just look at it, I start smiling.

Ah. So it's THIS guy's fault. Hah. It looked like the kanji had been worked back a little, that's why I asked. An amazing job and amazingly cool knife.

Ah. So it's THIS guy's fault. Hah. It looked like the kanji had been worked back a little, that's why I asked. An amazing job and amazingly cool knife.

Guilty as charged. I think Dave went above and beyond for me with this knife. And a big nod to Stefan for helping me find that handle.

p1010001-24.jpg

P1010002-13.jpg

P1010003-20.jpg

P1010005-27.jpg

P1010010-11.jpg

:biggrin: Hoo-haa! That is one delicious looking piece!

I can't recall what wood it is and since it was supplied by the customer I have no record of it. Maybe Rio will come along and help us out here.

BINGOOO !!! Dave, you promise me it would be a surprise but you gave me the link anyway, you knew i couldn't resist to sneak a peek on it don't you :p

btw it's an amboyna burl. i was searching two-toned wood all over and found this, i like the contrast between the two colors pretty good and deep, it just popped out in my eyes. thank you so much to make it happen Dave. can't wait to hold it and slice everything with it, especially after the blade got thinned now. i think this will make me stop buying another suji :).

rio

:wink: You have a good eye for wood, Rio!

by far the best looking nenox i have seen. nenox's looks do nothing for me, but this one is great.

The sheer volume and staggerng attention to detail time and time again is beyond compare. Truly awesome! if this is what goes into your handles, I can't wait to see how your knives turn out.

for the average home cook like me, MAC's are a pretty sweet deal. that bottom knife looks even sweeter re-handled. good job!

I am thinking Sean is a lucky fellow!

I always think of this as the fun part - seeing how a nondescript and and ugly piece of wood turns into this nice piece with great patterns and colors once you work on it a little bit. I look forward to seeing how these will turn out.

Stefan

I dunno, man, those don't look to comfortable to me.....................................
:poke1:

Here's what became of the 3 ugly ducklings.... :smile1:

The suji is done is blue dyed peacock. This came out real dark and the pictures didn't capture what it looks like in person, it's much nicer than what's shown here.

The 240mm gyuto is purple dyed buckeye burl. This one kicked my ass, just didn't want to give up the look and feel but I believe I won in the end. :)

The customer supplied both of those woods.

The last is the 210mm gyuto in birdseye maple from Stefan's stash.

All three blades have been etched but not shown sharpened (I haven't done that yet).

I hope you like them Sean. :)

P1010006.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010011.jpg

p1010001.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010009.jpg

p1010007.jpg

It looks like to me you're just having way too much fun...........

Here is Richard's 210mm Hiromoto AS in ancient NZ Kauri wood (supplied by Stefan) and poplar saya by Marko...

P1010002-15.jpg

P1010004-18.jpg

P1010005-28.jpg

P1010008-16.jpg

P1010011-11.jpg

P1010015-7.jpg

P1010016-6.jpg

P1010013-5.jpg

PS - You've really got to hold and see this wood in person to appreciate it. I've yet to capture even a hint of it's beauty by camera. :)

Dave, is that a Marko designed poplar say a for our hiromotos?

Back