D. Martell Gallery - Re-Handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, nice work as usual!

BTW, I'm very proud that my Martell 300mm suji is your current avatar. Did you like that one as much as I love it?

I would loved to have seen this knife in person. Some pictures make the red look brighter than others, but I'm wondering if it's actually darker like it shows in a couple of those pictures. BTW, what is mycarta?

Easily arranged. I'm just a bit north of you.

Here we have Dan's 210mm Hiromoto AS gyuto that's been thinned & etched. Came out kind of crazy, eh? Talk about dripping cladding. :)

The scales are blue dyed redwood scored from our own BurlSource. The wood has a beautiful green/blue with metallic glitter look to it that's going to wow Dan over for sure, especially since my pictures failed to capture even the color accurately.

The pins are copper/nickel silver mosaics and the liners are black G10.

I still have to sharpen it yet but it'll ship out on Monday morning for sure. I hope you enjoy it Dan. :)

p1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

p1010007.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010042.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010030.JPG

P1010036.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, that one came out extremely well. Someone was lucky in the cladding department.

i think this might be my favorite-looking hiromoto ever! the cladding is beautiful, and the handle has the just-right mix of bling and subtlety. awesome.

Thanks guys, I like this one a lot myself.

Hey Mark, the wood worked really nice, the shine seen isn't CA glue or epoxy either - it's from the stabilization you use. :)

Wow. I've been staring at these pictures from my phone all day. It looks incredible and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Thanks Dave!

Here is my review for the thinning and sharpening job Dave performed on the 300mm suji above.

Surgical.
It's like a laser scalpel.

Here is my review for the re handle work done by Dave.

Flawless.
You can't do a better job.

Combine the reviews and what I now own is a beautiful, flawless laser scalpel.

Thanks Dave,

Rick

Here is my review for the thinning and sharpening job Dave performed on the 300mm suji above.

Surgical.
It's like a laser scalpel.

Here is my review for the re handle work done by Dave.

Flawless.
You can't do a better job.

Combine the reviews and what I now own is a beautiful, flawless laser scalpel.

Thanks Dave,

Rick

Thanks Rick! :happy1:

Here is Dan's 150mm Hiromoto AS petty, etched blade, nickel silver pins, G10 liners, & buckeye burl scales.

attachment.php

P1010009.JPG

p1010001.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

Last edited:
Wow Dave, it came out like I hoped for. I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Here is Lauri's 240mm Hiromoto AS Gyuto with black maple scales (from Burl Source) with white G10 liners, nickel silver pins & one mosaic center pin. The blade was thinned & etched.

attachment.php

P1010013.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010011.JPG

Very nice Dave! The contrast with the white spacers is well done.

That was my original choice. I have four of those blocks sitting in a drawer because I couldn't make up my mind and ended up going with something else. Anyway I'm glad to see it does look as good as I thought it would.

Here is Aaron's Konesuke HD gyuto in koa (from Burl Source). Liners are black G10 and pins are nickel silver.

attachment.php

P1010010.JPG

p1010001.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

p1010007.JPG

P1010008.JPG

While all your work looks great, this one really hits it out of the park! Beautiful work!

Here is Lauri's 240mm Hiromoto AS Gyuto with black maple scales (from Burl Source) with white G10 liners, nickel silver pins & one mosaic center pin. The blade was thinned & etched.

attachment.php

Back