• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Gesshin stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillHanna

Gotta get ready for ARM
Reaction score
I’m a stupid man. A while back, @Corradobrit1 sold a stone I should have bought. I’ve regretted it since. So here’s what I’m looking for

400, 600, 1000, or 4000.

Just one of them, for now. Thanks.

I have the 400x (320) soaking stone, but I won’t be home until next week if you’re interested.

If you could only have one, the 2k is pretty fantastic. Fast as a 1k, very even and feels great to use. When I asked Jon for his one and done pick, this was it. I can get hanging hair cut off this stone without stropping, but still cut meat all day long.

That said I haven't used any others, but it's a consideration for your list. It's a weird in-between grit, but it rocks.

So I’m eventually gonna have a 400 or 600, 1k, and a 4k. If I can get them used at a decent thickness, then awesome. If not, I’ll buy the XLs of the ones I don’t get secondhand.

I have a 400 and a 1k I would be very willing to part with.
I need a couple of days to dig them out of storage and take pictures and what not.
They are both "well used".

Just to be clear, this was the stone I was referring to.

https://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/products/gesshin-320-stone
I bought it to see how I would like a soaking stone and it’s just not for me. It probably used about 5mm. It’s dished but I can flatten if you like. $50 shipped sounds right I think?

mill get you pictures at the end of the week when I get back from vegas

If you could only have one, the 2k is pretty fantastic. Fast as a 1k, very even and feels great to use. When I asked Jon for his one and done pick, this was it. I can get hanging hair cut off this stone without stropping, but still cut meat all day long.

That said I haven't used any others, but it's a consideration for your list. It's a weird in-between grit, but it rocks.
he says this cause he ain't tried the 4k yet.

I have suehiro 320 or 400 ,which is equivalent to,I guess.
4000 # made in Kyoto ceramic white stone.
1000# made in Kyoto marble 1000

Wow, super late reply! I got held up on my business trip, but back home now.

Gesshin 400x

Attachments

• D6EE8678-125F-4E5C-A686-CBFB8C8E24AF.jpeg
    D6EE8678-125F-4E5C-A686-CBFB8C8E24AF.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 13
Back