• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Gold Kunz Spoon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godslayer

Reaction score
Anyone have one kicking around they bought as a joke and would like a refund on? I have several of the regular gray ones and a gold one would put a big ol goofy smile on my face

I have several 24k gold unused ones, DM me what size and model you’re looking for

FYI, the “gold” (and current “copper”) Kunz spoons sold by JB Prince were PVD coatings and cosmetic only. They were essentially painted those colors with no actual Au or Cu used.

This really upset me as I read a great article on different metals being used to enhance flavors of food ( google “financial times Spoon fed: how cutlery affects your food” to view article), so I got permission from Gray Kunz to purchase stainless steel spoons from JB Prince and then have a jeweler plate them in 24k gold, .925 silver or Copper (not sure the actual makeup). I had 1 batch made, took almost 2 years to sell through my website then dropped the project as it wasn’t worth it. If anyone else wants any, I can have the jeweler run another batch through. Usually takes 3-4 weeks total. Cost of spoon from JBP +$10 shipping + jewelers cost for the process:

(Im not making anything on this, just a onetime offer to pass along these at cost. DM me if interested, I had a few messages from my previous post on this so I figured I’d open it up. Prices are high but this is due to it being actual precious metals)

24k: $300
.925 sterling silver: $230
Copper: $175

If anyone has a better jeweler relationship and can get it done cheaper, please let me know, I’m using a custom jeweler wholesaler/producer from Jewelers Row in Philadelphia.

Latest posts

Back