Gone...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kippington

A small green parrot
Reaction score
My house was robbed last night. It seems to have been someone who knows one of my housemates, as they targeted his stuff and seemed to know he was out, even going into his room and taking his computer.

Thankfully they seem to have left most of my personal stuff where it was, except for a honyaki I had out on the kitchen table. It was shiny and easy to spot, and now it's gone. I guess I can take it as a complement that they took one of my knives out of everything else in the room (TV, stereo system etc).

So I may as well post the pictures I took for the customer. It'll make me feel a little better about all the work that went into it not going to complete waste. Whoever stole it probably assumes it's stainless and will destroy it in a matter of days.

JHTrfri.jpg

7y1zpwU.jpg

ScRWU3L.jpg

M5ygWk9.jpg

00C31x9.jpg

Having experienced a burglary a few years ago I can relate. Hopefully you were fully insured. Get an alarm system and install a few cameras. What kind of computer? There may be tracking capabilities.

So sorry to hear Kipp. My business was broken into 6 months a go and it was a very stressful time. I hope the knife turns up in the future.

Thanks everyone. They took a house key so now I have to get my locks changed too...

I'll keep an ear out. What length and grind?
It was a workpony grind, about 230mm but honestly I cant remember exactly.

So sorry to hear Kipp. My business was broken into 6 months a go and it was a very stressful time. I hope the knife turns up in the future.
Man, why can't people just be decent. :mad:

Reactions: rob
So sorry to hear that, scary thou., if you had been home.

Knife looks awesome! Have you abandoned the metal plate & use mud now?

Have you abandoned the metal plate & use mud now?
Yeah, this is mud. Might come back to the plate later for the repeating pattern hamon, but right now I really like the look of the random pattern.

Do you think this person would try to sell it somewhere kip? Or you think he just took it for himself. So sorry to hear this. My apartment has never been broken into but I have had knives stolen. It hurts.

edit: what i’m saying is maybe we can all keep a look out for this if he tries to sell it.

Wow, that sucks. Thankfully you weren't home when it happened, and that more items weren't taken.

Back when I lived with roommates I had the door to my room re - keyed and always kept locked. One time we threw a house party with my neighbors on the first floor. Throughout the course of the evening someone made it to the upstairs apartment where I and a few others lived - (party was in basement/1st floor/backyard) one roommate had a laptop, tv, some handbags, and jewelry stolen.

Break ins are a big violation. Stealing the key was just rude. **** that guy and his bad life choices. I hope the material losses weren't too bad. Maybe teach the bird how to peck out burglar eyes...

Hopefully the thief knows nothing about how sharp knives can be, and they very quickly experience a blood-spurting "oopsie". Sorry to hear about the break-in/ theft.

Beatiful knife and such an ugly experience to deal with...ugh :(

Sorry about your stress (and the loss), Kippington. May be the destiny will return the loss in a different way.
I wish you that.
Besides, may be you are lucky? Imagine if you were there? What would happen?
Take a breath and go on.

Damn, sorry dude. I saw that on your Instagram and said how great it was.

Back