Good reads...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody here into SciFi and Fantasy?

Some of the stuff I can recommend:

The "Temeraire" series by Naomi Novik - an alternate history series in which the Napoleonic wars were fought with dragons. It sounds wacky but is actually pretty good, with engaging characters, a great love of details, some very interesting plots (especially if you are bit interested in military history) and it also probes into some deeper philosophic stuff.

The legendaryy "Culture" series by Iain M. Banks - start with "Consider Phlebas".
The "Dread Empire's Fall" trilogy by Walter Jon Williams - military SciFi at it's finest.
The"Vorkosigan" series by Lois McMaster Bujold, with one of the most memorable and amusing heroes in SciFi.
"Revelation Space" by Alastair Reynolds - modern space opera on the grandest of scales.

I haven't really got into that much sci-fi except for some old pulp magazine short stories but one big one I read and enjoyed was The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov. It's a bit lacking in style which can bug me with some authors but the content made up for it in this case.

Back