Guess That Price!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it is worse than Finland !!

You have to pay tax for any package from outside the EU, even it is a gift.

I have to pay 23% import tax + 7% for bla bla.

so if the knife costs 180$ +20$ shipping then i have to pay 60$ :(

so if the knife costs 180$ +20$ shipping then i have to pay 60$ :(

Can't you just smuggle them in from Russia?

so if the knife costs 180$ +20$ shipping then i have to pay 60$

just about the same way they charge us and then some. they make other ficticious reasons to add onto more than that which forces us to wanna bribe the customs officer just to get us to bribe them for half the fake rate that they give us, which is way more than what it's supposed to be.

It's endlessly shocking - some friends of mine bought a tiny paring knife (find the GEKKO knife on this page for $75 it is unquestionably the same knife) from them for £119 ($187!!!!) - look HERE.

As I think I mentioned before, the tactic seems to be that most of their online knives are pretty hard to track down and compare prices using Google, due to differing names etc, or seemingly only being sold in Ukraine (which is the case with their cheapest range - the Zanmai ones with plastic handles "PRO" stainless).

In the shops however they have a lot of the usual suspects - Misono UX10s and Kikuichi blah blah blah. It would be kind of funny to go in and start checking all the prices in front of them on a smartphone and see if they can explain why their prices are DOUBLE everywhere else in the world. I am actually very tempted to call them up and do mock disbelief when they quote me prices:

"How much? Are you sure? No, no, You must be quoting me for the wrong size, I asked for the Paring knife, not the 270 Western Deba."

Back