Hangover Cures Anyone?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have three kids home (4,6 and seven) and this new years eve I guarded my mothers dog. Taking care of kids, with a hangover, is not very problematic compared to taking the dog to a walk in cold and rainy city way too early.

I have three kids home (4,6 and seven) and this new years eve I guarded my mothers dog. Taking care of kids, with a hangover, is not very problematic compared to taking the dog to a walk in cold and rainy city way too early.

I hear that - we have four dogs and they had to go out several times in the snowy, sleety rain this morning before I kicked my hangover. I think I would have been fine, but we ran out of vodka and I had to switch to Candian Club - bad choice. Couple of advil, lots of water and sleep is my cure. Greasy breakfast always helps too:yammer:.

Heh. My preferred method is a big plate of scrambled eggs (B1 and cysteine), a glass of a vitamin-c fortified drink like Emergen-C (vitamins C, B1, B6, B12), a tall glass of Coke (for the hypoglycemic aspect of the hangover), and an ibuprofen. That usually sets me straight in time for work. I haven't supplemented Glutathione but I'll have to give it a whirl.

that's what i used to do before i started taking supplements, instead. i find that my stomach can't quite take food sometimes, so the supplements are a safer bet, for me. these days, though, i just try to not get hungover. i stopped the champagne last night right before the danger zone, and i was fine this morning.

Dad used to tell stories about oxygen being a great cure. He flew when he was in the navy, and they used to get chewed on for sneaking in and hitting the O2 bottles when they were hung over.

Lots of water and aspirin for me.

When I was at University 2 of the guys I lived with studied Pharmacy and they pretty much tried everything you could think of, but they finally settled for Berocca. Dissolve it in a glass of water before you go to bed and you feel a lot better the next. I took those for years at University and hardly missed a class. Many times I was stinking of drink and very tired, but it was enough so that I wasn't going to classes still totally drunk which happened numerous times before that.

Couple of glasses of water and 4 advils before bed, large tonkotsu shoyu ramen as soon as possible the next day.

Coke and ibuprofen is both the reason you feel better, and the cause of the stomach trouble. Don't do this often.

This thread just caught my attention. This is a funny one!
If you ask me, IV isn't worth it. Trust me, I just had 3 litres pumped into me over about 16 hours, on New Years...don't ask, and no, it wasn't from booze! Haha.
I've tried O2 a few times, to no avail.
While in France, I discovered these incredible little vitamin and mineral tubes that you break in half, pour the contents of the two different types of vials into orange juice, and drink the mixture before and after bed. I didn't get a single hangover there, and I can't help but think that was no fluke. If I recall correctly, they were a heavily concentrated dose of B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D, some sort of minerals and acetaminophen.
Now, I just tend to stop before it gets to hangover territory.

The best one I ever used was in college. Two hours of swim team practice the next morning at 6 am. Death would have been preferable at the start, but by the end, you had washed it all out:dazed:

Back