Harner/McLean Parer Round Two

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too late, some guy named Josh has dibs. :D

Ok guys, I'm pulling two more names for these. Two of the winners never responded to my messages, and I even got all weird and nosey and checked to see their last activity (after PMs), so they missed their chances. (Sorry).

I'll let you know who gets them in a minute.

Alright, winners are NoChop and the write-in ballot. I'll email him, and let you all know.

Chris, if you're still interested, the buckeyes are gone, but cocobolo and koa are available.

Thanks

Heck yah, even though I just committed to a second parer from Del, lol...everyone needs three kick@ss parers, right? I'll take the koa!

edit: actually I like them both; I'll take whatever is left.

Hahaha. Ummm. Weird timing, but done! :D

I'll send you a pm, Chris.

That's it. I'm taking a day off. I can't reach the "write-in", but AJ, if you read this, send me an email.

Is it too early to start drinking?

Lefty: is there any left, I am ready to buy one if there is.

Sorry, this group is all paid for, and ready to go. There WILL be another batch, and I'll have to decide how to go about that one. However, I think the contest has run its course....

No problemo Lefty, I will keep an eye on the next one.

No problemo Lefty, I will keep an eye on the next one.

Did you see the thread that Del Ealy started about making a limited run of new parers if your interested?

I love the look of Del's parers, and they are a good option as well. Very, very different beasts, but I sure want one!

Argh, now I can't decide which one to go for! Buy both? :pullhair:

Argh, now I can't decide which one to go for! Buy both? :pullhair:

Since you can jump on the boat for the Ealy now go for and get the Harner down the road...that's my suggestion

Since you can jump on the boat for the Ealy now go for and get the Harner down the road...that's my suggestion

you guys are killing me with your suggestions, but I'll bite LOL! Just put down a deposit for a stainless damascus Ealy with burgundy linen micarta. I wanted a new design one.

Lefty : Any chance of making me a saya for it?

I plan on buckling down and getting a few done this week, so quite possibly, yes. Besides, then I might get to see how they are in person. Haha

That sounds an excellent suggestion but for the people on the other side of the fence as well... :lol2:
I'm already down for an Ealy parer, how can I join this list?

Thanks, guys! It's great to see my design being well received. Butch makes wicked products, but the fact that you like them...well, that's awesome!

2013-10-16 12.24.33.jpg

The pumpkin killer. The knife is much better at this than I am. :cool2:

Awesome! Dave, can I use this picture on Instagram and possibly my site for Halloween? I can make it worth it...in love.

Hooray! Haha.
Nah, you didn't mention it.... Actually, I'd love some real reviews/feedback on these, guys. I expect these to be regular items (whenever I can get Butch to make them :D), so letting guys know what they should expect would be great!

Here's my curly koa with Brazilian cherry saya...

My initial impression is this thing is beastly sharp ootb. Sharpest stainless knife I've ever received. The handle is done well, and the bump out at the end really helps to wield the smaller knife. I was a bit oft put by the up-sweep of the blade at first, but I rather like it now. It's much more subtle in person, and really helps with knuckle clearance if using on a board. Also, it doesn't hinder in-hand work much, if not at all. The pointiness is probably my favorite thing. It works well with the length of the blade, making it much more versatile than just an in-hand parer. I'm usually not a proponent of using pettys as parers and vis versa, but this really does work well for both, albeit a smallish petty.

I've tried a fair deal of parers in my time, and haven't been in love with too many. The Mac, Kramer and the Hattori forum are about the best I've tried. I'm hoping my new profile Del will be up there, as the shape of the original profile keeps it from being an all-arounder (ever try to supreme a grapefruit with one?). Also, I really need to get my hands on one of those funky HHH's...

This is probably one of the best...

harner.jpg

Back