Have a couple questions about yakitori grills

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiya guys,
just started my own restaurant, have a couple questions about yakitori grills and bintochan charcoal. If anyone has experience using these in a professional setting I'd be extremely grateful if I could get some knowledge dropped on me.
1. Best method for lighting the charcoal? currently we are using a chimney and stock burner to accomplish this, which works well except that we are worried about what to do with the flaming hot chimney during service...doesn't seem like a good idea. Any alternatives? We are working with two 30" grills and am open to idea's on how to get both grills ready in 3-4 hours.
2. Best method for stacking? We are using Konro grills and are having trouble with air flow. Do you guys think fans or bellows? Let me know.
3. Where do you guys source bintochan in the US? We are currently testing the Thaan thai equivalent, the pok pok brand, however, are not getting the results we were hoping for. Overall we are feeling a loss in heat output and it is putting off a lot of ash. We were looking into alibaba for bulk purchasing, but need to fill quantities in excess of 30 tons....so....thats a no go.

Thanks KKF

Back