Hello from DC area

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, have any of you in the DC area visited the new food exhibit at the American History Museum? I used to like looking at Julia Child's kitchen and her pots and knives, but they renovated that area and it reopened in November with a larger food theme.

k.

I'm in AA, but work in MoCo now, and have been working in and around DC since '01.
A belated welcome to you sir.

I will have to check it out in a couple of weeks and report back. Saw the original but not the new one. My children think she is cool so it should be an easy sell.

Belated welcome, but here it is. I'm in the NoVA area (Woodbridge), t's good to see there are a few of us from the DC area here on KKF.

Hello there from half way across the world. Hawaii here hope to make it out there someday

Went by the JC exhibit on Sun. Very nice as was the whole food to table exhibit. I think her obsession had more to do with pots and pans than knives:D. The one thing I didn't like about the kitchen design was she had a nice 14 inch thick butcher block between her countertop on the left and the wall ovens on the right. On the front of the BB she had some of her knives and the handles went up past the top of the BB. Since it was surrounded on the other three sides by the kitchen wall, counter top and the oven it was unusable as a cutting surface unless she removed all the knives!
They were showing old episodes which were fun to watch and gave me a chance to rest my feet. My children love her shows so it kept them happy too.

Back