Hello from Germany

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBert

Reaction score
Hi fellow knife enthusiasts,

I have been cooking for a long time using mostly classical German knifes. But for last few years I have been getting more into Japanese knives as well.

So now I got my first few custom/semi-customs and the wish list is getting longer and longer…

Take care,
Marc

Welcome. The forum's Germans can also point you to German artisan-made knives.

Welcome. The forum's Germans can also point you to German artisan-made knives.
Thanks!
I know about a few of them, but am always glad for additional ideas. The European scene is quite vibrant it seems, so my wish list is growing and growing longer than my new knife rack. 🙈

Thanks!
I know about a few of them, but am always glad for additional ideas. The European scene is quite vibrant it seems, so my wish list is growing and growing longer than my new knife rack. 🙈
You can always put them in the drawer.;)
Make contact with Modern Cooking. He has a new retail store in Berlin if you're close or happen to be in town.

Curious what you are getting and where you are from, which federal state?
I'm from Cologne, NRW.

My first custom from Vasco Verissimo just arrived. I also got lucky in the draw from Antoine for the Mk. 1 and snatched up 1 from Simon Krichbaum when it became available again. The latest one was from Samuel Dunn.

So now I still looking for a petty and a paring knife, as well a Chinese cleaver at some point. Since the Knife 24 in Solingen is in 3 weeks I'll see if I find something cool there.

Knife Solingen will be fun for sure. Trying to also visit but quite some way, from Bavaria. Not too many interesting kitchen knife makers there but still some. Hardent, Shir, Tritz, Batbatforge, OldOwl...

I think these are all solid choices. Have one from Antoine, was curious about the Mk1. Talked with Simon Krichbaum and got to test two of his knives. Sam Dunn is a super nice guy, hope he improved some over the years.

I think these are all solid choices. Have one from Antoine, was curious about the Mk1. Talked with Simon Krichbaum and got to test two of his knives. Sam Dunn is a super nice guy, hope he improved some over the years.

moderncooking just listed 2 of the mk 1, including the one made from TNT666. I kind of want a knife from that steel, even if it is a bit silly when there are better steels available.

I like the mk 1, very comfortable and nimble. No nonsense, in a good way. Nice user, for sure. I would certainly like to get another knife from Antoine, for sure.

Back