Help.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desert ironwood, cocobolo in all shapes and sizes, snakewood, walnut... not 100% in love with burls tbh(oh yes, I just said that).

Great list Twist. Snakewood might be the most expensive wood out there now. As for burls, whatever floats you boat.

Thought I'd give everyone an update on where your preferences are. About a dozen of you have voiced your opinions, and so far Desert Ironwood is well in the lead with 6 votes. Following in a four way tie with three votes each are Cocobola, Snakewood, Ebony and Koa. By the way, you can list more than one you're interested in. If anyone else wants to voice their opinion or add to anything they've listed already go ahead and I'll update the findings in about a week. Thanks for the input, this will be helpful to me for my future purchases.

That's one vote for spalted hackberry. I'm surprised that so far Walnut and Amboyna each got one vote. I though you guys liked these wood, especially Amboyna.

Well, no one else chimed in, so the previous list stands and shows that you guys prefer Desert Ironwood with Koa, Cocobola, Snakewood and Ebony following. It's easy to understand why Ironwood is so popular. It's my favorite too. I'm surprised though that Redwood, Teak and Maple were not mentioned more. Anyway, I'll try to focus a bit more on these woods as I make additional purchases.

Well I know I'm late the party, but for what it's worth, I really like amboyna, buckeye, maple and box elder. I would probably say that snakewood is one of my least favorites, but since a lot of other people seem to like it, you should probably ignore me on that one. ;)

Back