Hey from France!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm a new comer in this hobby, hard to find stores and knowledge in France about knives, specially Japanese style ones.

I alredy have a classic retail Chef knife, which is completely not sharp at all, so I'm looking to build a nice set probably based on Nakiri, Bunka, and a Petty. Of course, some stones will be soon joining the set.

See you all!

Welcome.

I'd recommend one decent knife and then focus on sharpening. Once you are comfortable with that, you can start looking at expanding, and if you want, upgrading your collection.

Welcome to the forums
Welcome.

I'd recommend one decent knife and then focus on sharpening. Once you are comfortable with that, you can start looking at expanding, and if you want, upgrading your collection.
Bonjour from the 66. What part of France are you in?
Thank you all!

I am searching for my first Nakiri to start the journey, looking towards a Goko Hamono on mygoodknives, or I just saw that someone here is selling a Shigehiro which is also in my price range.

I am currently in Savoie, just near the Alps, nice to see others French people here!

Back