Hi from PDX

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athame

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm an advanced home cook in the Portland, Oregon USA area with a lot of German and American steel, but just purchased my first Japanese intro blade (a Tojiro santoku).

I sharpen my knives with an Edge Pro Apex. I can no longer sharpen freehand, RA has weakened and malformed my hands. There's a real place for rig sharpening. Way more consistent and sharp than what I can now get freehand with stones. It's also almost as satisfying to have a razor sharp knife after a session with the Edge Pro as it is after a session with stones. There's still mental and physical involvement as opposed to countertop motorized sharpeners, and it's cheaper than sending them out. :)

There's a huge amount of knowledge in this forum. I'm glad I found it, and glad to be here!

Fellow guided sharpener here… I love my wicked edge pro and I don’t regret not going down the stone rabbit hole. Maybe one day I will, but for now, the edges I get are outstanding and I’m not dumping money into stones. I can confidently sharpen a $6 knife or a $6000 knife, so I’m happy. Welcome to the forum!

Back