i cook with chopsticks. thinking of trying cooking tweezers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i'll never be that guy that uses tweezer to put microgreens on top of a pile of lobster rissoto. i cook in the home enviornment. i dont need tweezer to plate food.

cooking, i use chopsticks. i can even work the sticks lefty. but it is less than ideal. i was kicking the idea around of trying tweezers. longer ones. for flipping bacon in a pan. holding a steak to slice and fanning it out to serve family style, etc. maybe pull a pickle out of a deep jar, altho i can nail that move with chopsticks.

any suggested tweezers that dont break the bank? they should all be affordable, right. (but maybe not, knowing this crowd :))

I have a lot of tweezers and far and away the best ones are the long, straight forceps that look like this:

tweezers.jpg

I use them all the time and have pairs in different colors so that I can have a dedicated cooked/raw set when grilling yakitori or whatever. They're kind of a generic product, but mine are (mostly) from JB Prince. I also have a random pair of unlabeled ones from Amazon that look identical and work just as well (and are holding up well after a decade). Just get them. You'll use them.

I have a lot of tweezers and far and away the best ones are the long, straight forceps that look like this:

View attachment 215271

I use them all the time and have pairs in different colors so that I can have a dedicated cooked/raw set when grilling yakitori or whatever. They're kind of a generic product, but mine are (mostly) from JB Prince. I also have a random pair of unlabeled ones from Amazon that look identical and work just as well (and are holding up well after a decade). Just get them. You'll use them.
+1. I have these and use them almost every day.

I have large kitchen tongs, small kitchen tongs, and wusthof tweezers. I use the small kitchen tongs the most. For me, the important thing is to buy small tongs that can grip 10 lbs without snapping. I've had cheap ones break on me. Definitely one of my most used tools. I only use tweezers for garnish and removing fish bones.

Don't buy tongs where the plastic tip snaps into the metal handle. Each side of the tong should be one-piece construction with metal underneath or you won't be able to flip a steak without the tips breaking in half. Learned from experience not to cheap out on these.
1702333065030.png
1702333423227.png

I bought the large Rösle tweezers a while ago as an experiment. I have to say I quite like them. Like them more than their tongs, probably because they don't have a superfluous locking mechanism.

i dont like plastic metal interfaces where oil and juices can seep in and cant be cleaned.

Back