I hate yappy dogs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC05627.jpg

... from when she was just 12wks. Big dogs are little for at least a few weeks.

IMG_1029.JPG

Now THOSE are great dogs!

Just read an article on "small dog syndrome." All the behaviors that big dogs would be disciplined for (barking, growling, jumping, yanking on the leash, etc.) many people think are cute when done by a small dog. So the bigger dogs learn to behave themselves, and many of the small dogs get away with bad behaviors and are spoiled tyrants. No reason why a small dog can't be a well behaved pet with discipline and training.

Just read an article on "small dog syndrome." All the behaviors that big dogs would be disciplined for (barking, growling, jumping, yanking on the leash, etc.) many people think are cute when done by a small dog. So the bigger dogs learn to behave themselves, and many of the small dogs get away with bad behaviors and are spoiled tyrants. No reason why a small dog can't be a well behaved pet with discipline and training.

I think a lot of owners use "brute force" with small dogs b/c they can pick them up, hold them off/down, etc. instead of actually teaching them proper behavior. That approach doesn't work when the dog is 50' away though.

I have a 15 lb miniature dachshund and I couldn't use the same force on him as I could a 70 lb retriever. I would crush him. I see your point and am not trying to assume you are saying something you aren't. What we have learned here are the owners are the root problem. Shoot the owner.

There are lots of kids and dogs out in Italy, including in restaurants, and I have never seen one misbehave or be a nuisance. It is curious that the dogs all seem to be mixed breed types. But all well behaved.

Back