If I gave you $500 which knife are you getting?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just changed my mind due the the Single Bevel Gyuto thread. Now I want a 240mm Tenshu single bevel gyuto...

The ones I have bought multiple times and would by again in a heart beat: Mario, Martell, Mizuno.

I don't know why Mizuno doesn't get more hype. Awesome knife, I have used a 270 as my main B for about 4 years now and I love it. Takes and holds a great edge, nice large flat spot on the belly, and with a little love to the spine and choil, very comfortable to use.

I'd look for a used Carter HG 5.5-6 Sun Nakiri (new would be over budget) or else either a new custom Tsourkan or Martel Nakiri. If I had another $500 after that, it would be a Kato Gyuto.

After looking at the Oddballs thread, I would add another $100 of my own money and get that Catchside 230mm suji. I change my mind a lot. I know.

Either a takamura damascus 210 or a custom takeda 300. Both knives are on my wish list. If i was going obscure and something i want but would never but sukenari makes a honyaki petty that amuses me.

A used Billipp if anyone would part with it.

Good to see the fellow lefty from Canada back at KKF.

As for the thread's question:
-Tsukasa Hinoura Unryu-Mon 210-240mm gyuto (I'd pay the rest myself)
-Kato workhorse 240mm gyuto
-About 1.5" of a Kramer

Good to see the fellow lefty from Canada back at KKF.

As for the thread's question:
-Tsukasa Hinoura Unryu-Mon 210-240mm gyuto (I'd pay the rest myself)
-Kato workhorse 240mm gyuto
-About 1.5" of a Kramer

If you ever buy a kramer im coming to visit.

Out of all these post I cannot believe no one has even mentioned A BLoodroot Blades.

It seems like a lot of these posts are not taking into account that you only have two minutes to find and purchase the knife of your choosing.

Back