If you are looking for Unicorn Magnum Plus Pepper Mill..

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two OXO locking tongs and love them. Both of mine have "nylon heads" (hard plastic), which supposedly makes safer to use on nonstick pots/pans. I use them all the time. I checked out some tongs by Rosle (far more expensive) and didn't like them nearly as much. Good tongs are invaluable.

Yup, only benefit I can think of is if you are using a cooking surface you don't want to scratch (Le Creuset, nonstick, etc) and you want to be super careful. Both the stainless and nylon work well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I've PMed Eamon (Burke Cutlery) for his spare Magnum. But if he already sold it on, or its inconvenient to ship it all the way to Singapore, would be happy to take a spare off another member's hands if paypal works for you and you're happy to help ship it to Singapore!

Now if anyone has a spare and would ship it to Australia, I'll gladly take it off you.

This seems like a really good deal.

I have been looking at getting a pepper mill and have read about this one being the best. How do the Vic Firth ones compare? (they have them at the local grocery store).

I have also been looking to get an egg poacher. Trying to decide between the Demeyere Resto (same price as other places) and the Norpro Krona (a little more expensive). Leaning towards the Norpro since it is fully stainless steel, although it looks like I might be able to take the nonstick insert out and just use the stainless cup.

If anyone would like a mill, shoot me a PM. I have one and I'm keeping the other for myself.

There was a previous thread re. pepper mills that influenced me to buy a Unicorn Magnum pepper mill and then a sampler pack of peppercorns from Pepper Passion – really enjoy using the Magnum mill and the tasting the variety of peppers. :thumbsup:
However, when my son and daughter came home for the holidays they were concerned seeing 7 packs of peppercorns. They know their dad accumulates stuff but thought this may be different. :eek2:

update:

mine 4 due in tomorrow. other 3 are spoken for, so once I get them, weight/pack them, I can pm you the quotes and we can proceed from them:)

-d

update:

mine 4 due in tomorrow. other 3 are spoken for, so once I get them, weight/pack them, I can pm you the quotes and we can proceed from them:)

-d

Thank for this! I'm waiting on that mill. My current wood one is beyond shite... Size consistency of the ground pepper emerging from the mill ranges from 2 microns to 3/4 of a peppercorn. I've tried tweaking it to control size but it is just bleah.

Update:)

i got the pepper mill's. my mom will bring the other 2 tomorrow. I should be able to price shipping tonight and pm you with options

-d

Came in the mail. Dang this thing runs through pepper fast! Thanks a bunch ptolemy!

I was too late on this, but if anybody has an extra one, I would take it.

Stefan

I just wanted to say thanks ptolemy.. My new mill has quickly become my favorite pepper grinder EVER. The thing is awesome!!

OK I just bought a Unicorn last night (thanks slowtyper) and it is seriously going to change my life. I use a LOT of pepper when I cook and the Magnum Plus is going to save me so much time and effort when making Bolognese, chili, gumbo, jambalaya, etouffee, soups, curries and even Caesar salad dressing.

Figured rather than new thread I would post here. Is there an older thread on the subject. Just wondering what peppercorns people were buying for their magnums. Any preferences? thanks.

I don't have a unicorn pepper mill, but I do use white pepper in my mill. The kind is cheap I can get through work.

Back