Informal Chef Clothing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda agree about image which is why I'm looking for something presentable. Saying that, I like to think I always look presentable ie clean clothes and clean shaven. I usually wear a short sleeve jacket with the Coolmax panels but I find it unbearable when it's warm. Might try rolling up the sleeves or something to see if it's better or maybe wear a rashguard underneath to absorb sweat. I am also considering buying a decent quality white T shirt and getting a pen pocket sewed on. All the ideas so far have been great. So far I am leaning towards a plain white Hilfiger T shirt

white coat, black pants, and apron. Anything else attracts hipster foodies and their yelp apps.

this has been an interesting thread to follow as I agree with the "old school" mentality but wear great socks! As for the OP try under armor or similar beneath your coat it helps to keep ya cool.

I've been for trials in a few super high-end places and in some i was pretty alarmed at how scruffy everyone was, yet in another the Head Chef chastised me for not having all the buttons on my jacket done up, he was a real traditionalist. Where I am at the minute to be honest I've been there so long I don't have to worry about what other people think

jacket yes, but sleeves rolled above elbow and top button unbuttoned. pair of comfy breathable slacks, full apron not just below waist non sense. i could give two sh1ts about the image, it's just practical. the jacket is more comfortable in the summer somehow than a tshirt, and also offers a layer of protection from grossness/pain. pants wear what ever you want, but the material matters. dense stuff feels disgusting. jeans? why, to be cool??? that's idiotic at best.

to be honest though, if i could get away with it, i would wear sleeveless sweat-wicking shirt, athletic shorts, and flip flops :D

Nothin' but jackets here. The short-sleeve ones ore decent, the ones with the breathable back are just OK. I'm so used to a full-sleeve coat that I just feel like a scrub in anything else. Old habits die hard.

ditto

Jackets for me in my kitchen despite the temperatures here ( saw 122 f -45c last year, no wonder they hate me :) no jeans allowed either , can't shake off the hotels background

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

I wore jeans and a short sleeved black dickies work short with name and title embroidered on at the last job. The dining room was very informal so it seemed like it fit. Now I wear fancy pants and a nice chef coat, full apron until expo time starts. I still have to roll up the sleeves. I really don't like 3/4 length sleeves, I would dip them in everything.

Jeans gross? I usually feel pretty gross so it is hard to pin it on the pants. It's usually just a result of crippling guilt and regret. Nothing a new knife can't fix.

tillist.com!!!best chef clothing ive seen in quite a while!

I do really like the idea of the apron tab at the back of the neck. If that jacket wasn't so dang over priced I'd try one out

83 dollars for pants you are going to spill bleach and blood on. Who are they marketing to? Most cooks would rather spend their cash on food and beer. And knives.

Not feeling the skinny jean style chef pants.
To each his/her own................
............but definitely not for me.
I can't believe how expensive those freakin' aprons are.
Looking forward to a review though.

skinny pants in the kitchen really? no thanks I need the baggy to help stuff breath since is is hot as **** in my kitchen

"You guys aren't using Global knives? (eye roll)"

MigsBlackShirtBlackPants_1024x1024.jpg

The work shirts and chef coats on the site may be good for the situations described in this thread but.... This is not helping their cause at all.

image.jpg

I got some pants from them when they were on clearance for like 20 bucks. The material they are made out of is super light and breathable and I got a size or two bigger so they aren't so tight and I always wear a belt to work anyway (no plumbers crack).

Besides the fact that it is a small company and everything is made in the USA I do have a hard time understanding why their prices are so high at times.

They say full refund and return shipping so il let you guys know, def overpriced but I want to Check them out. Over chef wear and chef works is ok. All my happy chef is In the garbage nice while it last about 2 years.

Back