integral damascus 240 gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on first glance i missed the 1 in front of the 600... i almost choked on my beer. I really like the handle and the dramatic up-swept angle. This is a bit different from some of the others I've seen for you recently, but I really like it. Is the "experimental" stainless PM? I'm such a sucker for integral bolsters. How do you get the pattern to line up so well when it's forge welded? Must be sorcery. I love the way that you it the bolster to the handle as well.

I've been staring at that handle. I love the blade and the bolster but I wonder what the handle would feel like.

Cool! I love how the pattern of the damascus almost seems to flow out from the grain of the wood on the handle.

I've been staring at that handle. I love the blade and the bolster but I wonder what the handle would feel like.

It's made for a pinch grip, and it's comfortable. Just trying something different.

Hoss

Thanks for info Hoss. I got 4 of your knives already, and since Im broke Ill pass on this one :)

Im a homechef with a mental illness, so my GF have now taken controll on by paypal and bankaccount :(

attachment.php

What blows my mind is the curved back side of the bolster, I keep looking at it trying to figure out how you did it. That's an impressive feature if you ask me.

This handle appears to be the same style and shape as the one Devin installed on the 225mm gyuto that I bought last month. DT225.jpg

I think this is one of the most user friendly handles I have used. The handle tapers from the middle towards the blade on all four sides and helps you maintain a comfortable pinch grip. One of the really nice thing on my handle is the transition from the wood to the mokume guard to the blade is flawless and seamless. You don't have any edges, no matter how small, irritating your fingers. I'd bet it's the same way with the bolster and handle on this knife.

Keep in mind that these pictures don't accurately portray how these handles look in person.

attachment.php

What blows my mind is the curved back side of the bolster, I keep looking at it trying to figure out how you did it. That's an impressive feature if you ask me.

That's the same thing that struck me. On his pinned or welded bolsters he bevels them so they interlock, but the angles are all straight so getting the wood and metal to properly mate is, I'm sure tricky, but understandably do-able. However, it's far harder to imagine doing this on an integral bolster, and then do to a curved joint ontop of that... and to get the wood/metal to mate so perfectly.... yeah, mind = blown. :dazed:

I recently made a batch of custom-purchased, have a rash of moving-expenses, and am likely buying a kayak... so knife funds are a bit low ATM, but last night I actually walked into the kitchen and started counting up which knives I'd have to sell to be able to justify buying this one. If only this where a carbon core, there would be some very nice knives on the BST forum right now...

Thanks for the description and yes, I've become more aware of how different pics can be to the real thing. I'd still say yours looks like a less dramatic departure from the "normal" Devin western but I could be wrong.

Some might think I questioned Devins Bolsters here: and if so I hope you don't took it the wrong way.
The reason that I was so interested is that Bill is making integrated bolsters on my knife, and I think he will use the same method as Devin.
To be honest I hope that Bill can do what Devin here has shown. I think the most impressive about this knife is the bolster for me. I have 4 dts all ready, so I know how insane good the profile and geometry of his knife are. I only have his wa handled knives, but still its a DT :)

If you like this one, maybe you should put one of your other DT's for sale. Almost like a trade-in. :)

Latest posts

Back