Introducing Marukoyoshi by Yoshikane Hamono

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a very unique knife. I haven't seen one like this before. Basically, it has to be hammered into shape and the metal is only removed on the bevels. The workmanship is outstanding - blade is straight, and the grind is very even on both sides.

M

I will be ordering Kasumi and regular damascus suji in the next week or so. I will order more KU suji if there is at least 2 people interested. I have to order 3 of each.

M

HMMM, is one of those sujis mine? If so, all I can say is yeehaw. :headbang:

Matt

HMMM, is one of those sujis mine? If so, all I can say is yeehaw. :headbang:

Matt

It likely is. I held back ordering as I needed at least 2 people interested. I have to for both kasumi and damascus, so I will proceed with the order.

Woah, geez I have to poke around this site more. Very nice!

Hi Marko - can you let me know what the pricing is for the knives, and the difference between a standard and premium handle?
Thanks,
Josh

PS your pm box is full

Aloha Marko...if you could also PM with prices for the damascus suji with standard and custom handles. Thank you ...cookin808

marko,

just out of curiosity: do you still offer the marukoyoshi knives (by yoshikane) or pimped-up shigs? or do you purely focus on your own knives nowadays?

is yoshikane the same as yoshihide?

cheers,
daddy yo yo

Marko,

I would be interested in the gyuto, can you pm me a price? If I can swing the purchase I am trying to attend the ECG and could pick it up then, saving shipping and letting everyone there have some fun with it.

Thanks!

This thread is 2 years old. Pretty sure Marko concentrates exclusively on his own knives now.

Bill,
that project didn't go anywhere. I have given up on the idea of customizing other people knives and offering them for sale and instead I now concentrate exclusively on my knives.

M

Funny how I didn't notice that!

Marko,

I filled out a custom order form a few weeks ago that probably got lost in the shuffle. I will fill out a form tonight.

Thanks

Really beautiful Knives!

I will be in Japan Later this year and would love to visit Yoshikane blacksmiths.

Any advice on contacting them and an address?

Much appreciated

Latest posts

Back