Is Misono UX10 Worth the Price?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eamon summed it up, right there. That was the exact feeling they put out there. It's a shame, because they really are solid knives, but at the prices they're asking, I just don't get it.

i think it started with that guy on top chef, i cannot remember his name, but he was all about knife skills and had one.

from there things like this tend to snowball. i dont think that any misono is worth the prices they charge now. they are just mediocre knives that have an upcharge because of the name misono.

we should all know better than to buy one now. at the old price point, i wouldn't have bought one but would have at least considered recommending it for someone looking for something in that neighborhood

I bought a ux10 petty a year and a half before the price hike; for the amount I paid for it, it's a solid knife. Edge retention isn't the best, but it's a good cutter and very easy for me to use as it's extremely flat. at the current price...I'd rather go with something better for cheaper.

i think it started with that guy on top chef, i cannot remember his name, but he was all about knife skills and had one.

from there things like this tend to snowball. i dont think that any misono is worth the prices they charge now. they are just mediocre knives that have an upcharge because of the name misono.

we should all know better than to buy one now. at the old price point, i wouldn't have bought one but would have at least considered recommending it for someone looking for something in that neighborhood

Oh man that Top Chef guy drives me nuts. Banging things around, hacking up food and making a mess is not a sign of talent.

I also bought a UX10 240mm gyuto with dimples pre-price increase and added it to my stable of knives. I ended up using it maybe a dozen times then put it in the box and stashed it in favor of a Takeda. I guess I need to just sit on it because I would never spend $450 for a knife like that. I am hoping that there is another 60% hike in the next few years so that I can put it up for sale at twice the price I paid for it (ha ha wishful thinking). It is a great knife with excellent fit and finish but definetly not worth $400+.

I also bought a UX10 240mm gyuto with dimples pre-price increase and added it to my stable of knives. I ended up using it maybe a dozen times then put it in the box and stashed it in favor of a Takeda. I guess I need to just sit on it because I would never spend $450 for a knife like that. I am hoping that there is another 60% hike in the next few years so that I can put it up for sale at twice the price I paid for it (ha ha wishful thinking). It is a great knife with excellent fit and finish but definetly not worth $400+.

Shoot, I'd sell it and buy a Shige. If Misono wants to compete with them, then so be it!

Oh man that Top Chef guy drives me nuts. Banging things around, hacking up food and making a mess is not a sign of talent.

couldn't agree more. speed is great but lack of talent shows tenfold when speed is involved.

i think it started with that guy on top chef, i cannot remember his name, but he was all about knife skills and had one...
Actually, I did some internet searching back when I was trying to decide on a blade and I found a number of reviews. The one I remember was written by a housewife who said something about the knife making her feel like a ninja mom or something.

I think it's really funny that a thread question with a two word answer (ie, Enn Oh) has gone on for four pages! :D

Back