• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Isasmedjan Integral Damasteel Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm crying thinking about letting this go, but I have a book spot with Jonas coming sooner rather than later I gotta pay for. To be honest this one might be cooler than that one, but alas...I got bills to pay trying to start a business or two.

This won best integral at the damasteel chef knife invitational 2022. The way the integral flows to the rest of the blade is just the coolest. Everything about it is next level.

Specs:

250mm Integral K-tip gyuto forged from Damasteel twist pattern.
Heattreated to 62-63hrc.

Measurements:
250mm blade length
55mm height at heel
Thickness of spine:
3,1mm above makers mark
~1,6mm at middle of blade
~0,9mm at 2cm from the tip
Weight 230 grams

Chestnut burl handle which I have never seen before. Has some small natural inclusions but are not a bother at all.

Balancepoint at makers mark

Used 3-4 times. Great cutter. Prettiest knife I have ever seen. Damasteel is made with RWL34 (powdered mettalurgy steel identical to CPM154) and another proprietary steel. Expect edge retention/toughness around SG2 levels. I think this has an even finer grain though and less mc carbides so easier to sharpen on alox stones. Never sharpened though (although I have sharpened up plenty of damasteel on folders and its a joy).

$1200 shipped. Discounts for fee-less methods. International shipping I cover first $15.

jonas4.jpg
jonas6.jpg
jonas8.jpg
jonas9.jpg
jonas7.jpg

Last edited:
Back