Japanese knife with German profile?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC with Zwilling/Miyabi, MC66/MD67=ZDP-189, MC63=SG2, then there is a series made of a nitrogen steel, everything else is .... some 1.4116 variation... :)

I have the 5 and 6 inch petty from the cermax series .. I got them on sale when they were 50/60usd. alright at that price point but I wouldn't pay anymore than that for it. I think the prices are out of whack since these are discontinued

I bought one of the KU versions of this Gekko off ebay, it got a kind of German profile, and one of the waviest grinds I ever tried. If you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331826536847

You posted this a while back but if mark76 didn't take you up on it and the offer still holds, I'd like to try it out please. I grew up with German knives so... ? If I don't like it, I'd be more than happy to pass it on again.

I think i'm missing something here, I mean if I wanted a Japanese profile knife, I wouldn't be looking at German marques...

Back