Japanese Knives JKI Soap

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a bar of soap and the little stand. Perhaps the cheapest purchase ever from JKI.
Now to do a comparo with Boraxo powdered hand soap, and Lava (is that still around?).

Save the Boraxo for the leviathans. It's the only thing that slows them down...

(Sorry, couldn't resist..."Supernatural" reference)

Save the Boraxo for the leviathans. It's the only thing that slows them down...

(Sorry, couldn't resist..."Supernatural" reference)

Woohoo. Avid "Supernatural" fan right here.

Shows coming to a close but while it lasts I love it!

Well, I tried the soap today. It was a little funny-looking and surprisingly NOT abrasive-feeling. It did work although I didn't have super-ground-in swarf, lol. The fragrance is nice and not overpowering.

+1 on super-nat, or snat, if super-nat isn't short enough. sounds a little dirty though.:angel2:

Just wanted to share some things people have said recently about our JKI Soap:
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/review/product/list/id/351/category/85/

This is a winner. Review by Tatsuya
I'll repeat here what I told Jon. It works well and it smells awesome. Builds a nice thick lather, use with a small brush for hands and fingernails and you're good to go.

I will be coming back for more as needed. (Posted on 11/21/12)
Surprisingly great soap Review by pitonboy
This seems like a throwaway: a soap for removing knife sharpening grime. But it works better than you can possibly imagine, cutting through grit and slime from sharpening and cleaning that black residue off you skin far better than normal soap. I don't know why it works so well, but I cannot recommend this soap enough (Posted on 10/23/12)

Back