• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Joel Black 135cr3 full tang western gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to a personal unicorn that I was unexpecting as well my first ever custom coming up, I'm unfortunately catch and releasing this JB Gyuto to free up some funds. Hoping to find it a good home. Will be posting other knives later in the week as well.

For Sale: Joe Black Full Tang Western Gyuto (With Simple Oak Saya)

Specs: 220mmx55mm 259gr, 135cr3 wrought iron clad, Iron wood and Bog Oak Western Style Handle

Price: $480 CONUS

I recently picked this up as I've really become fond of full tang gyutos and this steel seems to get a lot love here on the forum. Also getting into polishing and hear his blades are easy based on the work he puts in. This one feels great in hand. I received the knife new unused and I used it for one meal prep. I don't think its really fair to make a judgment on how it preformed based on this, but I was impressed for what it's worth. Nothing really negative to say about the knife, I really like it and wish I would have had more time with it. Only thing worth mentioning which I was unaware of when I bought it is there is a very slight step on the butt of the handle on the top where the wood transitions to the tang. Not a big deal in my opinion and you don't feel it when holding the knife, but wanted to make that clear in the sale. I tried to show in the pictures. Im not fully certain what this retailed for but im thinking over $600 plus shipping.

IMG_2258.jpeg
IMG_2257.jpeg
IMG_2261.jpeg
IMG_2262.jpeg
IMG_2265.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back