K-tip sujis

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of each, i honestly don't find any major difference.

I guess a K-tip will only work with push-cutting, not with 'guillotine and glide' or with pulling due to the lack of upswing towards the tip. I'm not familiar with push-cutting cooked or raw meat.

I have a watanabe suji and whilst I do like it I actually prefer my carbon itinomonn as its a bit meatier. Watanabe wasnt as stiff as I was expecting. I'd be happy enough with a fujiwara suji to be honest but I don't use a suji all that much anymore.

Stiffness is a personal one but I tend to agree. In saying that now that ive worked alongside a few butchers now its a pretty even split between Victorinox breaking knives (which are a little whimpy feeling to me) or solid bullnose types. The wider breaking knives have a few styles too which I like as they tend to be more solid. For all round use I tend to favour sujis but that may just be that I've used them more extensively than the western style butchery knives

Sujis are so long and the blade is so short that the k-tip doesn't really change much about the cutting experience for standard protein-slicing duties. At least that's the case on the k-tipped Togiharu hollow ground 270 suji from Korin I've used.

ugh.seems another case of hipsters trying too hard. ;)
cannot say they would be practical.

Suisin Inox Western Suji has a K Tip, Wouldnt call that a "hipster" knife

Back