Kanji translation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1k3

Pepperidge Farm's remembers what Matus wrote
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny wrong and correct answers only.
PXL_20230329_231807161.jpg

It says "lemongrass knife"

Alternative reading "knife for people who ask too many questions"

Actually answer: 天秀作 tenshu, just a grocery store brand

Last edited:
And the English writing says....🧐
That's just the translation. They've helpfully provided it alongside the kanji unlike most of the common garbage brands you see around here. Clearly this is a superior product

No idea what the kanji says, but the brand is Kikuichi;
https://kikuichi.net/

"The Chrysanthemum symbol is still recognized in Japan for its connection to the royal family and you will still find it on all Kikuichi Cutlery. The continued use of this symbol both preserves our family history and assures every customer that Kikuichi Cutlery upholds the highest standards of quality."

https://kikuichi.net/products/nwd-nickel-warikomi-damascus-45-layers-rose-wood-gyuto

No idea what the kanji says, but the brand is Kikuichi;
https://kikuichi.net/

"The Chrysanthemum symbol is still recognized in Japan for its connection to the royal family and you will still find it on all Kikuichi Cutlery. The continued use of this symbol both preserves our family history and assures every customer that Kikuichi Cutlery upholds the highest standards of quality."

https://kikuichi.net/products/nwd-nickel-warikomi-damascus-45-layers-rose-wood-gyuto
Thanks for that. I thought that Chrysanthemum symbol looked familiar.

Can someone please translate this for me.

Attachments

• 301995-Name.png
    301995-Name.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 301996-9428ead6d431466a0d222ada662d62ef.jpg
    301996-9428ead6d431466a0d222ada662d62ef.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 0
  • 301994-74aff9cb2ddc3053c7416c58cf7332af.jpg
    301994-74aff9cb2ddc3053c7416c58cf7332af.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi. Thank you very much. Today I received a answer from Cleancut where the knife was originally bought. The told me it was produced by Yoshikane for them and it is written Kashima Sanjo. Now I don't know is it just the name of the line or can the kanji be read in a different way or is Mazaki a blade smith working at Yoshikane?

Hi. Thank you very much. Today I received a answer from Cleancut where the knife was originally bought. The told me it was produced by Yoshikane for them and it is written Kashima Sanjo. Now I don't know is it just the name of the line or can the kanji be read in a different way or is Mazaki a blade smith working at Yoshikane?
Think Mike was joking about it being made by Mazaki, it's a running consipiracy theory here at KKF that all knives comes from Mazaki's workshop. (Personally I think it's actually Shihan posing as Mazaki in his Japanese shop).

Whatever info you got from Cleancut is probably accurate.

Coincidentally Mazaki did apprentice at Yoshikane.

Think Mike was joking about it being made by Mazaki, it's a running consipiracy theory here at KKF that all knives comes from Mazaki's workshop. (Personally I think it's actually Shihan posing as Mazaki in his Japanese shop).

Ahhh ok :) I am completely new to the entire Japanese knife topic

Just a running joke.

Kashima is Cleancut's house brand. The Sanjo refers to the area Yoshikane is from.

Coincidentally, so is Mazaki. And Toyama Watanabe 😂

Ahh yes, the infamous Shihan from New Mexico Prefecture.

Back