Kikuchiyo x kyuzo kasumi gyuto by hitohira?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have personal experiences with these beauties? They look like my kinda knife as far as having a fairly flat profile and great edge profiles... I’d love to hear what users think of them... how do they do on the board? I’d especially like to hear if there are similar/“better” options out there and why you think they are better. Thanks.

I saw your post and have some questions for you.... How does it compare in food release and going through product compared to the Yoshikane? What about the knife is making you sell it over other knives you have?
It's a nice knife, great all arounder, I like it a lot. Why am I selling? Couple irons in the fire to try some other knives.

The things I like most about yoshi are profile and food release. I wouldn't say yoshi ghosts through product, and wedging can be a bit of an issue with dense stuff (but this is mitigated because yoshi are also short knives). Keep in mind, I'm talking about the classic hammered yoshi that are a bit thicker. There are some other versions of yoshis now, some are thinner and some are even thicker (like the iron-clad).

The things I like most about the Kikuchiyo are profile and cutting feel. It is thinner (check the choil shot on my bst) and so wedging is a non-issue, and it sails through product. It has a nice, mild convex grind. (It also has a pretty cool Kasumi finish.)

Long story short, yohsi and Kikuchiyo profiles are nearly identical. If you're after something that prioritizes food release, I'd say yoshi there. If you're after something that prioritizes cutting feel and is a thinner grind, I'd say the kikuchiyo checks those boxes.

Last edited:
Back