King 800 vs 800 deluxe

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve tried search terms every which way to discover this without asking, and I learned a lot, but the question remains:
It looks like the king 300 and king 800 would be great starters to learn about polishing. All I see out there are “deluxe”. What’s the difference? Or is that an obsolete concern since deluxe is all there is now? Thanks in advance.

The king 800!deluxe has a good rep for polishing.

There is another king 800 that has a rep for being good with stainless.

Have only uses the former.

There’s also the King 800 “Part 2” (which I ordered once, received broken, and didn’t request a replacement for) which is supposed to be good for harder steels—whatever that means. It is distinct from the Neo.

Yeah the "standard" King 300 and 800 are the deluxe versions. 300 should be light grey and 800 should be red/brick-colored.

They are solid stones. Just be aware that the 800 tends to masks/hides some coarser scratches - this can be good as the finish off this stone looks nice, but if you decide to move to finer stones you'll end up noticing coarse scratches later and having to go back to coarser stones to remove it.

Back