King Hyper 1000

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the soft hype 1k listed on amazon still the normal longer hyper 1k? Or should I purchase it from elsewhere

While we are at it, how does the King 1000 compare to the 1200. I really like the 1200 a lot in terms of feel.

So is the soft hype 1k listed on amazon still the normal longer hyper 1k? Or should I purchase it from elsewhere

I don't know about what is listed on amazon but I do know that the soft is the soft stone and the normal is the "hard" stone.

I don't know about what is listed on amazon but I do know that the soft is the soft stone and the normal is the "hard" stone.

so both are 1000 hyper stone but one is soft and one is hard? confusing

This is a nod to this thread where @panda uncovers a bit of a gem in his quest for a 1k that has a bunch of characteristics, namely:

1. Cuts fast
2. Has excellent feedback
3. Absolutely no loading
4. Splash & Go

This stone scores a 2.5/4 on these but do read on.

Otto, can you explain your rating a bit. From your comments you seem very happy buy wonder why only 2.5 of 4 in rating?

Otto, can you explain your rating a bit. From your comments you seem very happy buy wonder why only 2.5 of 4 in rating?

For me, it's too soft and makes it difficult to maintain perfectly flat bevels without an annoying amount of flattening during sharpening/polishing.

For me, it's too soft and makes it difficult to maintain perfectly flat bevels without an annoying amount of flattening during sharpening/polishing.

Thanks man, again though you are referring to the harder version, correct?

Back