Kitchen crimes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D, Salad dressing is another condiment that I can't understand why people don't make la minute. Most people over think it, in fact it might literally takes a minute to make.

Naked Dressing:
Get a bowl and whisk.
Add salt, pepper and sugar (just through it in there)
blast of oil (what ever you got)
dollop of mustard (Dijon or powder)
Blast of vinegar or citrus juice

whisk whisk whisk.

This is my naked salad dressing. From that point, add anything you desire. But you'd be surprised, if you just vary the vinegar/cirtus to suit the salad, most of the time I just go naked.

I'm with you on this. Though most of the time i am too lazy and just grab some form of oil for dressing.

This is a confessional.

This is me.... Or my once lovely Boardsmith board more accurately. It's a nice 18x24 that has seen a hard life. Not from pro use but from people and households with no respect.

I will admit I have been laxed in my board butter application and it is in serious need of a sanding, scraping and buttering. But I wanted to show my Kitchen crime as testimony to being human.

https://seattlebill.smugmug.com/Other/Knives-razors/n-nnvcBC/i-sRQN3n5/A

Ego Te Absolvo.

View attachment 29934

You don't know how good I feel now... Grazie!

Consider buying a hand grinder like the LIDO 2 or LIDO 3

mhy gawd man, i almost choked on my salsa. I hand grind errr'daayyy and i can tell you if you don't like the sound of coffee grinding...doing it by hand is a masochists' wet dream.

I don't clean my stove top for like 2 days, counter tops are cleaned usually every day, dishes i hand wash and usually wait till the next morning. I hate cleaning and if i didn't have 2 dishes 4 bowls and the only pots and pans I ever use I would never clean. If i was rich and didn't care about the environment i would throw away everything and buy new stuff. Or just never cook. Only through saving money and not eating ramen for every meal have i come to learn/like cooking.

I use Knorr's chicken flavored bullion to flavor my beans, sometimes my chicken. It's. So. Good.

Janice goes to the Health food store for peanut butter, I prefer Skippy extra chunky.

Crap. It's gonna take some time to deal with threads that Danny posted on. I cycled back through this one after reading the most recent and got that punch in the gut feeling. Probably hit harder cuz it was more recent posts.

mhy gawd man, i almost choked on my salsa. I hand grind errr'daayyy and i can tell you if you don't like the sound of coffee grinding...doing it by hand is a masochists' wet dream.

Truer words have never been spoken, though it is a different sound compared to a electronic grinder. I do still have to use the lido when the family is sleeping. The hand grinder is far quiter the my baratza forte.

I assume the op was offended by the typical home grinder noise and not the cracking of the beans.

I hear ya Josh
Crap. It's gonna take some time to deal with threads that Danny posted on. I cycled back through this one after reading the most recent and got that punch in the gut feeling. Probably hit harder cuz it was more recent posts.

Excuse me for being uninformed. But are you saying what I think you are saying? If that is indeed the case then it is really, really heart breaking...

Unfortunately yes, it is the case. And I agree, very heartbreaking.

WildBoar, kindly, just send me a PM to confirm what i feared. I didn't know Danny personally, but he was one of the kindest and most forthcomming members of this forum, never arrogant, always friedly, and ready to help a newbee, like me, out. I am saddend...

Morten

Been using the Camano hand grind coffee mill almost 2 years. Another thing I got because of this forum. Puts out a fairly coarse grind. Use fresh beans AMAP. Makes good cups of coffee.

I like the sound of the beans getting ground up and it gives an old fart a little exercise in the morning.

If you love to hand grind, feast your eyes on this beauty

[video=youtube;45AoaSn8wYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45AoaSn8wYY[/video]

I haven't sealed my granite counter tops in 6 years but, to top me my sister cleaned the maple and walnut end grain cutting board I gave her by putting it in the dishwasher - I should have taken a picture of that one.

If you love to hand grind, feast your eyes on this beauty

The HG1 is for espresso. If you are after a hand grinder for pour over, French press, drip...

Something more like this

BAhAPpT.jpg

no its not just for espresso, but tuning it between different grinds can being annoying, but i tend to dial in my mill (switched between hario to essentials) between different batches anyways. So really its no more of a headache then normal.

which burr size HG1 do you have? I always loved the espresso it produced, but never had luck with other brew methods. I never spent much time with one, so that might have something to due with it. The new EG-1 Electric looks promising, but with the Co. Being sold off I'm hesitant.

The Camano has adjustment but not as fine as that expresso grinder large flywheel good idea. Like mine because it is small just leave it on the counter and the conical grinder does it's job. The glass mason jar works well as a catch coffee grinds don't stick to the glass. Always liked pepper grinders even at work for small batches of sauce. Fresh ground pepper is better same with coffee.

I used to use my hario mill but not that's for spices now, now i use the "essentials" hand mill which was a Kickstarter with a better brace on the bottom than the hario new models (but I have the hario original and bought the bottom bracket from orphan espresso). Only used the HG-1 once and yes i loved it, but I'm still debating between a K30 or HG-1, probably going to go with the HG-1 with the TiN. I not really happy with HG's decision to go electronic after all it was founded as a manual grinder with really well built parts, but for the price tag and the manufacturing I guess it was hard to produce cheaply, quickly and sell easily. It's a shame but there is nothing like feeling the grind that helps give feedback from the bean.

@keith, yea the whole thing is heafty, and I agree fresh is better.

I use a little ketchup when I make sausage stroganoff... :surrendar:

I have a shallow ledge in my pool. I sometimes soak my stones there, and sharpen nearby while standing in the pool.

Cheers,

Jack

Back