Kitchen crimes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those sprouts look tasty, like them in salads. Wheatgrass you must be making raw live green drinks.

Not quite the hydroponic hothouse, but it keeps me in supply 24/7/365.
287FF599-05EA-48D7-9203-F6A153A66B2D_zps2x7zqqrn.jpg

I do mostly sprouts and sometimes wheatgrass, but wouldn't mind expanding.
698B47FA-6982-43E9-A9A7-34372A85F121_zpsecs1civf.jpg

2E6BFDF5-0A8C-46C0-B07A-B223C457883A_zpsj22ftqi1.jpg

0C775AEE-9111-44C4-A790-F8D29F7FB56B_zpsnr21eesy.jpg

I used to grow orchids in my garage. Had a 2000W grow light on a track. Neighbors were convinced I was growing something else....one even asked me if I had anything that would "help" with his aches and pains lol.

Sheesh. You didn't get a visit from the drug squad for a setup like that?

Nah, I'm in Canada ;). Our Prime Minister is apparently working to legalize/decriminalize. Plus I'm only using T5 florescents as opposed to multiple 1k+ MH and/or HPS (way less Watts and Lux)

I have a hard time getting veal bones, so when there was a VERY small package at the store I got them, made a small amount of brown stock, reduced it a little and thickened it with sheet gelatin to make some faux demiglace. Wasn't half bad.

Is hazard analysis plan mandatory in every state ?

Nah, I'm in Canada ;). Our Prime Minister is apparently working to legalize/decriminalize. Plus I'm only using T5 florescents as opposed to multiple 1k+ MH and/or HPS (way less Watts and Lux)

you should get some basil going ;)

LED's, wave of the future

LED's, wave of the future

+1, less energy, run cooler, etc.

Also helps living in a place like DC where people can now gather and discuss/show/share ideas, methods, and the resulting product

I have a hard time getting veal bones, so when there was a VERY small package at the store I got them, made a small amount of brown stock, reduced it a little and thickened it with sheet gelatin to make some faux demiglace. Wasn't half bad.

I though you were in the Bay area? There should be any number of boutique butchers (i.e. old fashioned butchers) that can order them in for you. I get mine from Seisel's meats down here. They are still four bucks a pound but I'm thinking I'll go in with Montezumaboy to see if we can get a bulk discount for buying a hundred pounds at once. I can get sprouts to order them too but they are 6 bucks a pound from them and don't have much meat on them.

I though you were in the Bay area? There should be any number of boutique butchers (i.e. old fashioned butchers) that can order them in for you. I get mine from Seisel's meats down here. They are still four bucks a pound but I'm thinking I'll go in with Montezumaboy to see if we can get a bulk discount for buying a hundred pounds at once. I can get sprouts to order them too but they are 6 bucks a pound from them and don't have much meat on them.

Nope. Wrong state. Our grocery usually doesn't even have veal--and when they do, it's vacuum-sealed boneless bits.

I prepared a full dinner for 4 yesterday with a Mac bread knife.

Found out my chef de partie cut up 1 case of AA3 Wagyu sirloin for cheap buffet dinner ..:

Mert , how does AA3 translate to us grading, USDA Prime or choice?

punishment: instill fear of pending demotion and just let it linger

Labour structure is so different than states where I could fire the whole brigade and get a new crew same afternoon , fear of
Demotion won't work much where I am ,
Chefs are aware of the shortage of the chefs in the area .
I am thinking of making him clean the inside of the 20 tray combi oven and lock the the door on him and start roasting him slowly . Is that too much ?[emoji83][emoji33]

+1

Hi Smurf!

Missed this thread so didn't see the comment until today. Funny as I was just chatting to Stan (@ Iowa Meats) as I am getting 'low' on that brown yumminess (on the other side of the holidays). I normally buy 50#, or whatever the case is, once a year which is a special order for them & they call when ready but 1-2 weeks max is normal. I try to time it for a Friday morning pickup and know it out over that weekend (by Sunday night everything is vac sealed & in the chest freezer / I just make it to FL/Kellers' method).

Let me know if it something you want to do and rough timing (FWIW - I don't need it "right now" since I have enough for Easter but will ask them about timing next time I'm in there (likely tomorrow) - will send you a PM either way!

TjA

Just saw Trudeau on 60 minutes. Soon after he took office Obama invited him to dinner at the White House. Our run up to election time is like watching a side show entertaining to say the least.

Back