KKF Cookbook

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe very small donations should be contributed when people want to add to the book so we can pitch on something for whoever actually compiles this monster?

also a separate train of thought what if the forum can commission a colab. blade; Ealy Damascus or DT Damascus, Grind, Profile, Handle, Steels. Sharpened my Dave, forced patina, Handle design, Blade finish. Pass around for the builders, then us :doublethumbsup: Build a super blade and show Japan what North America's got :cool2: :rofl2:

Sorry for the double post 20/20 hind sight.

Great idea. I will offer a couple of recipies, and can't wait to buy the book.

Keith

Me too! I want to add a recipe, but I also really just want the book.

Awesome to see such enthusiasm. I turn in my dissertation Thursday :bigeek: and after that--and a few drinks--will turn my attention to this. By next week, I'll have a sense of how this can be done and how much it might cost (though I'm sure this will change). Stay tuned.

I have a pasta salad made wrong recipe, that everyone seems to love, that I could submit. Great hot weather meal.
Plus, I would like to get a copy of the book.

I would love to add a couple of recipes. I'll get going on Tuesday when I get back to the kitchen as long as you'll have me. I definitely donate too. Ive only been using vintage sabs for a long time and have a collection of about 11 or 12 of them if interested.

I dunno if anybody has the charcuterie angle covered, but I'd be glad to contribute if you'll have me. Hopefully I'll have my custom chuka in hand by then...

I could do something with Modernist cooking techniques? Sous Vide, chamber vac cooking..., and or a cured sausage or aged meats section. Also have been working on video of proper kitchen layout. I'm also knowledgeable about dehydration, smoking meats, curing fish, making terrines, sauces, written and practiced extensively with the pressure cooker. Could cover cooking vessel materials: carbon steel, clad steels, cast iron, non-stick. could take about pan sizes and uses. Could cover the different ways of cooking: induction VS convection... Not the best editor though ;)

Unfortuntely, no... but I would not mind learning if i was pointed in the right direction :hungry:

I could showcase a honosuki its an AS Moritaka, works fine, better ground than my others. I could do a Ballentine chicken. Only I tumble vacuum for 45 minutes then rest open in refrigerator for a few hours, then dissect with my Honesuki and stuff with chourico portuguese paprika smoked spicy sausage, various hard shredded cheese gruyere, and such, with just enough old bread cubes to absorb the juices while cooking. It gets tied, bagged and placed in a circulating water bath at 143 degrees for 12hrs. Cooled, unpackaged and dry roasted for about 30 minutes in my convection oven. This one was the classic style spinach and gruyere

IMG_2180.jpg

chicken.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

Or how about Beef Jerky? AS I chew one, could showcase an alternative use of a Yaniaghba. I'm sure that lots of folks could use a good Jerky recipe. I make a light very zesty soy marinade that is dried over 8hrs or so?

Or I could explain hour to cure a Jowl?

IMG_2219.jpg

Or how about Beef Jerky? AS I chew one, could showcase an alternative use of a Yaniaghba. I'm sure that lots of folks could use a good Jerky recipe. I make a light very zesty soy marinade that is dried over 8hrs or so?

You actually like the recipe for jerky from modernist cuisine?

I don't have the modernist Cusine book. I'm going to get the Home version when it come out in October. I believe that it will open the door for a lot of home cooks. What the deal with that Jerky recipe?

Yes, the books - theres 6 of'em stand in the office. Used once.

To prep jerkies lol

Can try to get it tomorrow. If have a spare while, but to be honest more than to look in these books I rather be prepping my oxtails for my tortellinis :D

Back