Knife at the top of your list...what is it?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, michael radar feather gyuto, seagull dammy scimitar, Burke san mai, Marko D handled gyuto using DT chevron dammy, rodrigue steak knife set, a dammy spoon.

Would love all that... but only found money for around half those projects. Gotta leave some money to pay the rent. Sigh.

I'm a simple guy who absolutely loves the craftsmanship of Shigefusa knives. My Shigefusa gyuto is the closest thing to perfection that I own and would love more. Bling is cool but there's something so elegant and beautiful about Shegefusa Kasumi knives.

Suji for me , kono hd or suisin honyaki 300mm.

Agree with Pete about the shig kasumi , my gyuto has an innate beauty that's hard to quantify.

I'm more interested in exploring different styles of knives. For lack of a better term, the carving style knives, a long flat edge with a rounded tip, that are being used by Japanese fish mongers in some videos. I wonder how well they would work with other proteins? A extra long suji, 360mm or so. After watching videos of Japanese butchers using a garasuki, I've been curious about that knife.

Jay

I want a custom made pearlitic Damascus chef knife, an homage to earlier days. Just because. :D

-AJ

Latest posts

Back