Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VAT isn’t the same as customs/duties. If a UK retailer has something posted inclusive of VAT, it should be backed out if being sent to the US as we aren’t subject to VAT.
Yeah that's what I was assuming, maybe if you are in the UK it would be added in checkout? But it still says tax included in price so I was confused. Still a good price for the knife with those "taxes" but was hoping for a little break

Yeah that's what I was assuming, maybe if you are in the UK it would be added in checkout? But it still says tax included in price so I was confused. Still a good price for the knife with those "taxes" but was hoping for a little break

As far as I recall, the VAT was removed from the price of during checkout once you specify your country.

AFAIK, the UK standard is to list prices with VAT and then remove if shipping outside of the country. I've had to ask a UK vendor to refund my VAT before.

As far as I recall, the VAT was removed from the price of during checkout once you specify your country.

AFAIK, the UK standard is to list prices with VAT and then remove if shipping outside of the country. I've had to ask a UK vendor to refund my VAT before.
I went all the way to checkout and price was the same. Maybe it would have gone away if I actually checked out? Either way I was tempted, but decided even if it was cheaper, should hold off for now

IMG_4883.jpeg

lol all the warnings

Yes totally though the the only thing you pay eventually if you are paying with a different currency is the currency conversion which is much lower than that. PayPal currencies are ridiculous really
And PP transaction fees are non refundable if the item is returned. Crazy to use PP for currency exchange transactions.

VAT isn’t the same as customs/duties. If a UK retailer has something posted inclusive of VAT, it should be backed out if being sent to the US as we aren’t subject to VAT.
I could have been clearer there!

What I meant to say is that you shouldn’t get hit by customs duties under $800, and you shouldn’t be liable for VAT either. Probably just message Joel after you checkout to get a partial refund or something.

We don’t tend to list the VAT separately in the UK, it’s always included in the price.

Back