Knife (or product) related pet peeves

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, Korin is have a charcoal and BBQ konro sale right now.

I know. And I love Korin's konro - I didn't see one of equivalent looks in Tokyo when I was there last year. But do you know how much it would hurt to ship 10kg of charcoal from USA to Singapore and a Konro on top of that? Ouch...

I want to put money in your account - but I wish the mailman didn't charge so much for it. :)

I know. And I love Korin's konro - I didn't see one of equivalent looks in Tokyo when I was there last year. But do you know how much it would hurt to ship 10kg of charcoal from USA to Singapore and a Konro on top of that? Ouch...

I want to put money in your account - but I wish the mailman didn't charge so much for it. :)

OOF... Yea... 10kg from US to Singapore would be painful. I can to see if we can ship from Japan and how much that would be if you would like?

150mm Misono Swedish Steel Petty on Korin's Website: $102.00 + $14.55 shipping (3-5 Days)
150mm Misono Swedish Steel Petty on Korin's Amazon Store: $102.00 + $5.67 shipping (3-5 Days)

Pet Peeve. Lol. Not only is the standard shipping from Korin's site ridiculously uncompetitive, it's not even competitive with itself. It costs $10 more to ship it if you go through Korin's site directly than it would cost to ship (from the same physical location) using a third party website. What gives?

Splotchy finish on jigane on single bevels - maybe I'm a bit compulsive about such things.

150mm Misono Swedish Steel Petty on Korin's Website: $102.00 + $14.55 shipping (3-5 Days)
150mm Misono Swedish Steel Petty on Korin's Amazon Store: $102.00 + $5.67 shipping (3-5 Days)

Pet Peeve. Lol. Not only is the standard shipping from Korin's site ridiculously uncompetitive, it's not even competitive with itself. It costs $10 more to ship it if you go through Korin's site directly than it would cost to ship (from the same physical location) using a third party website. What gives?

I looked into this and apparently it's the difference between UPS and USPS shipping costs. Amazon uses USPS, and even if we used to use USPS we stopped because we were having such horrible experiences with them. The reasons why we stopped using USPS are because they kept losing our packages, never coming to pick up the packages, just unreliable, and etc etc. Customers can call in and request USPS shipping, but customer service will warn you that it might take longer. The reason we offer USPS on Amazon is because it has limitations on shipping settings, we couldn't be visible on Amazon without lowering our prices somehow, and certain settings are by Amazon invitation only.

The Misono petty I bought from Korin through Amazon shipped UPS, not USPS. I remember, it was delivered at 7pm in a blizzard, no way USPS would do that. Still, I accept that there are limitations on Amazon's shipping settings that Korin doesn't need to use on it's own site. ;)

Isn't it great that we can get the real story on this sort of thing? Thanks Mari!

The Misono petty I bought from Korin through Amazon shipped UPS, not USPS. I remember, it was delivered at 7pm in a blizzard, no way USPS would do that. Still, I accept that there are limitations on Amazon's shipping settings that Korin doesn't need to use on it's own site. ;)

Yea really, USPS is terrible... They probably won't even come pick it up. I don't really know when we started using USPS with Amazon, but it may have been a fairly recent thing. Ms. Kawano wants us to put more efforts into Amazon stuff, but you know... It's really difficult to make any sort of profit on Amazon to begin with, and if you're not selling at the lowest possible price it won't even show up unless you click on "view more prices." I think that was one of the reasons why we switched to USPS for amazon.

By the way, Korin will price match any competitor sites, if you find the same product for cheaper elsewhere. We try to stay on top of it, but unfortunately we can't find everything all the time.

I'm sorry about the difference though, I realize its confusing and annoying. But! Again, if you don't mind waiting longer, you can always contact customer service and they will charge you for the cheaper USPS fee. :)

Isn't it great that we can get the real story on this sort of thing? Thanks Mari!

No problem! Thats why I'm here. If anyone has any sour experiences with Korin, I will always be happy to try to mend things. :)

I think at one point we had a lot of complaints regarding our customer service, so we changed everything about customer service in efforts to make things better... So if it's regarding 2010-2011 customer service, fear not. It has gotten A LOT better. I'm occasionally a customer service representative too. lol :D

Latest posts

Back