Knives Available for Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saya is possible, but custom handle is not, as this is the Entry Level line and no customization is offered.

Nope, nakiris are ground convex from the spine to the edge. they are tad thicker on the spine and cross-section than Carter nakiris, if you need to have a reference point. I don't flat grind any of my knives.

Nope, nakiris are ground convex from the spine to the edge. they are tad thicker on the spine and cross-section than Carter nakiris, if you need to have a reference point. I don't flat grind any of my knives.

I somehow skipped past the first paragraph...derp! I'll take a nakiri. Thanks!

One nakiri is bespoken to bob_loblaw and one Western gyuto is bespoken to easy13.

Remaining are:

2 x 180mm nakiri,
1 x 240mm S grind gyuto,
1x 240mm asymmetric grind gyuto for a right-hand user
1x 240mm asymmetric grind gyuto for a left-hand user

Last S-grind is bespoken for toddnmd

Remaining are:

2 x 180mm nakiri,

1 x 180mm nakiri,

Here is a quick and primitive video of asymmetric grind geometry I made last year.
[video=youtube;xSprfvog2tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSprfvog2tk[/video]

Asymmetric grind is heavier than an S grind blade, so you get a nice solid feel of a workhorse, with pretty good food release and cut initiation. Tip is ground thinner, so lateral cuts won't be an issue (a common thing among workhorses)

This geometry was modeled after Mizuno Tanrenjo, and those who owned Mizuno known what I am talking about.

I already sent an email, but just to make double sure, I'll take the last nakiri if still available.

I'm also resisting this sale :) I'm holding out for knives in A2. Congrats everyone who got a knife. Someone should jump on those asymmetric gyutos they sound Awesome!

The asymmetric and S grind knives get handle upgrades.

Just one (right handed!) asymmetric knife left. 7 days returns, for a peace of mind.

Just saying...

Back