Konosuke Series 7

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a nice profile to me. Don't be intimidated by a little thinning. It's actually my favorite part of sharpening. You'd be surprised at the difference removing just a little bit of metal from each side makes.

How do you like the Kono GS? The 210mm's have been available for quite awhile. I wasn't sure about the profile on the 210 though. I like the profile of the other konos better. Probably because my first knife was a Misono 240. That spear tip type thing suits me.

Like the GS a lot. Superb knife. A touch more robust than the HD even though the specs are close. A little taller too. Got the cladding and stainless as opposed to mono and semi-stainless for the HD.

The HD is a bit sharper - remember we are talking lasers here - and better for chopping. GS is a better rocker, but it can chop a bit. I like both tips a lot. Hard for me to say one is better.

Like the GS a lot. Superb knife. A touch more robust than the HD even though the specs are close. A little taller too. Got the cladding and stainless as opposed to mono and semi-stainless for the HD.

The HD is a bit sharper - remember we are talking lasers here - and better for chopping. GS is a better rocker, but it can chop a bit. I like both tips a lot. Hard for me to say one is better.

Nice. Thanks for the input.

Are all Konosuke Gyuto's hand forged by black smiths or are they mass produced? It is difficult to get information on this firm, and I have an opportunity to buy a 240mm Gyuto SLD steel. Thanks in advance

wsl7b9.jpg

P.S. Will depend on a line.

Are all Konosuke Gyuto's hand forged by black smiths or are they mass produced? It is difficult to get information on this firm, and I have an opportunity to buy a 240mm Gyuto SLD steel. Thanks in advance

a little bit of both... depends on the series

Anyone get some information Konosuke Ginsanko line, I try to find out which black mist make a knife for them, The Tesssu from Aframe Gyuto Ginsanko look similar to Konosuke Ginsanko Gyuto, but I not surely the same smith. I had been interested some work from Kenichi Shiraki, some Honyaki his knife look awsome too!

Some of them are entirely hand forged from bar stock, while others employ varying levels of handwork, including things where the shape is stamped or laser cut out, but maybe grinding and finishing is done by hand. Beyond that, I would recommend asking Konosuke or a Konosuke vendor. A lot of these things are things that they do not share info about, and its not my place to share their company secrets.

Some of them are entirely hand forged from bar stock, while others employ varying levels of handwork, including things where the shape is stamped or laser cut out, but maybe grinding and finishing is done by hand. Beyond that, I would recommend asking Konosuke or a Konosuke vendor. A lot of these things are things that they do not share info about, and its not my place to share their company secrets.

Thanks a ton for the info. I'll contact Konosuke with my questions and hope I get a reply, cheers.

Back