KrichbaumKnives is here to hop on the KKF-train

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krichbaumknives

KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Hi knifeguys,

I´m Simon Krichbaum(26 y.o.) a full-time bladesmith/knifemaker from Austria with a lot of love for cuttingtools since my early days.

Back in 2018 i thought: you know what would be a LOT of fun? Forging knives! And this is where Martin Huber came into my life and teached me how to actually make a knife. I spent three wonderful years with him where i learned a ton and also could show him some things i acquired over the years as a metalworker.

And now i am here, nearly 1.5 years selfemployed as a bladesmith, still a lot to learn but definetly able to make decent and useable knives.

I work with ApexUltra and 115CrV3(1.2210) and either laminate them or use them mono. I finish my SanMai´s, GoMai´s, etc. mostly on synthetic and natural stone progressions. Honyakis are newer to me but i am trying my best these days to get nice Hamons on AU ;)
On the handle side i really like to use natural woods and make them take-down.

This is just a short summary of who i am and what i do and i hope to find time to post regulary here on KKF!
Thanks for having me

Hi knifeguys,

I´m Simon Krichbaum(26 y.o.) a full-time bladesmith/knifemaker from Austria with a lot of love for cuttingtools since my early days.

Back in 2018 i thought: you know what would be a LOT of fun? Forging knives! And this is where Martin Huber came into my life and teached me how to actually make a knife. I spent three wonderful years with him where i learned a ton and also could show him some things i acquired over the years as a metalworker.

And now i am here, nearly 1.5 years selfemployed as a bladesmith, still a lot to learn but definetly able to make decent and useable knives.

I work with ApexUltra and 115CrV3(1.2210) and either laminate them or use them mono. I finish my SanMai´s, GoMai´s, etc. mostly on synthetic and natural stone progressions. Honyakis are newer to me but i am trying my best these days to get nice Hamons on AU ;)

This is just a short summary of who i am and what i do and i hope to find time to post regulary here on KKF!
Thanks for having me
Loving my honyaki from you from a few months ago!

Hi knifeguys,

Thanks for having me
Hello bebe <3
nice to finally see you here :-*

Hey guys!
Thanks for the warm and friendly welcome from all of you! i am happy to be here :) but please be gentle to me... this is the first forum i am part of and i have no clue how all of this works 😅

Back