Lamson Collaboration: Next Step

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, the handle is a little thin, I can barely see it :D

Pensacola Tiger, that is too cool. I may custom order.

A bit flat for me but expectedly so, I seem to have a more than average preference for a bit more curve. But I would definitely play with it.

Stefan
Are we still talking about knives? ;-)

I'm not mean! And to prove it, I'll show you all this:

94B014D5-F545-4733-8727-8F924327A7FE-11094-00000BF5F79A5E7C.jpg

This, my friends is what we call sexy!

Shaaaaaaaazaaaaaam!!

When should we be ready for the knife and what kind of handle is going on it

I know I said im in, and I still am for one, but can someone post a update to what some of the decisions to the desing were from the other thread? I got lost at about page 3, the a few days and look where it is. Steel? Profile? Handle material/style? Ect... I'm sure I'm the only one wondering. That thread got a little mind boggling after a while, and it was hard to keep up, lol

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10987-Possible-Lamson-Collaboration-Line-of-Knives/page40

Page 40, post # 397, Steel is O1, the profile is about 20 pages back in the same thread...

Thanks for the interest guys.

Timeline is still a bit up in the air. We'll have two prototypes making the rounds with both pros and "home chefs". The list is going to be compiled by me, and no offense, but I'll be contacting those who I feel should be the testers. These guys will all be well known, respected and have a lot to compare to the prototype. We'll be trying to get a huge amount accomplished in a fairly quick period, and thus we're going to be very picky with who gets a run at the prototype. I hope nobody takes it into offense if they don't receive an "invite"....

The handle is going to be cocobolo with a black G10 bolster (95% sure), and hopefully relatively soon we'll have a few pics of the whole thing. :D

Thanks for the interest guys.

Timeline is still a bit up in the air. We'll have two prototypes making the rounds with both pros and "home chefs". The list is going to be compiled by me, and no offense, but I'll be contacting those who I feel should be the testers. These guys will all be well known, respected and have a lot to compare to the prototype. We'll be trying to get a huge amount accomplished in a fairly quick period, and thus we're going to be very picky with who gets a run at the prototype. I hope nobody takes it into offense if they don't receive an "invite"....

The handle is going to be cocobolo with a black G10 bolster (95% sure), and hopefully relatively soon we'll have a few pics of the whole thing. :D

GL, Lefty and Pierrer. Hope the pass around goes well. I already know the final design will be terrific, but it's nice to see the honest checks and balances in place for knife. Gotta be real though, I wish I could test it in a pro environment pre-production. For selfish (and selfless) reasons of course. Does my love for Bubbles change anything? :)

Either way, I'm looking forward to owning one. Thanks for all the hard work on this, everyone. Awesome work, boys!

At the risk of completely jumping the gun and chronology of the whole deal, I wonder if it might be cheaper to bulk ship the finished US based knives to a third party in the US, skipping trying to ship 100 individual US bound packages from Canada. The thought of having to fill out 100 customs forms makes me cringe.

The issue then is having Pierre and I literally overlook every single knife....hmmm

We are hoping to head that way in July.........

I would expect Lamson should be able to do all shipping, including customs direct from factory. they already have the infra-structure in place via their automated web-store . All we would have to provide would be a faxed list of shipping info for paid up
members & a check for final payment. It would be worth-while to check if we could pay online to Lamson, then all address data would already be in the data base. Just a thought

But the issue remains, Pierre and I wouldn't be able to do the QC.

But the issue remains, Pierre and I wouldn't be able to do the QC.

IMO this is a key part of what will make this work. Hopefully there will be no grind issues like some have seen on the "other" Lamson colab projects, but if there are, having Piere and Lefty returning blades and giving them immediate feedback should help to stomp out any QC issues in production.

I'm still in awe of how fast this has progressed, I'm really looking forward to seeing that first blank with the all finish grinding done and wearing the prototype handle.

Ask and ye shall receive...almost. Pierre beat me to it. I'm working or else I swear I would have done it! :D

Back