• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD (last one & new vid) Hitohira Tanaka Yohei Dammy & free optional handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One Yohei remaining. Need to sell quickly for some JNAT & knife purchases. I'm offering one very nice replacement Taihei-style handles for free. The buyer of the sold Yohei picked a handle and I helped install it. It's beautiful. Gotta check out the video below.
Pls DM if you want to talk prices.

The blades are shinny brand new. It's oiled with no excess running around or polymerized oil layer, simple dish wash would remove it. According to the original sellers, these came without handles, and the handles are put on by the retailers.

Sold $800 Hitohira Yohei B1 Damascus 240 - blond horn ebony handle
check out how it looks with the Taihei-style replacement handle. Just beautiful.

I also have one extra that's similar to this handle above, but not featured in the video below

SPF - $800 Hitohira Yohei B1 Damascus 240 - Ceylon ironwood handle & saya - 50mm height, 193g weight, standard Takada balance (handle not heavy actually)

This video is to demo the knife & some handle choices.
The Ebony handle is brand new and taken off from the other Yohei, whose buyer had one of my Taihei-style replacement handles put on.

D89DA2B1C4DC170FA9C9A74771F7BE74.jpg

4EE8635489895782F1852A8E3EAFB3D5.jpg

Logistics
  • Shipping and payment fees covered. Just covering my cost. I don't make profits from this.
  • In your DM, please share everything you wanted to ascertain before purchasing. Helps both parties save some time from going back and forth
  • Payment via PayPal / venmo / bank transfer are all fine. Shipping is covered (costs me ~$50 to ship to CONUS, and $70 to Australia)
  • Shipping out of Beijing arrives in most countries in a week, occasionally takes a few more days at the customs. I will share tracking for both legs.
  • I've done quite a few transactions here, and my counterparties can back me up.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but are the Yohei line all Takada sharpened?
Thought Yohei was the sharpener, maybe I misunderstood
Not to take over OP's sale thread, but Yohei is the name that Hitohira uses for Takada. Similar to how Yauchi is supposed to be Kyuzo.

The names come from "Seven Samurai"

From the bundle listing - to my surprise the Takadas were quite in demand. Helped move some bundles.
Now offering the Yohei on an individual basis. Shipping and payment fees covered. I don't make profits from this. Just covering my cost.

Offerings
1. $425 Tsubaya Takada Ginsan 240, 45mm in height, 178g
2. $800 Hitohira Yohei B1 Damascus 240 - blond horn ebony handle
3. $800 Hitohira Yohei B1 Damascus 240 - Ceylon ironwood handle & saya

Notes:
1. Tsubaya Ginsan is BNIB; Both Yoheis are shinny brand new. They are oiled with no excess running around or polymerized oil layer, simple dish wash would remove it.
2. According to the original sellers, the Yoheis came without handles, and these were the handles put on them by the retailers. I'm also offering some very nice replacement Taihei-style handles for $45 each.
3. All Tanaka Yohei are standard Takada grind @ 190±5g, including #3, it weighs 193g and has standard balance, the spacers are not heavy

Logistics
  • In your DM, please share everything you wanted to ascertain before purchasing. Helps both parties save some time from going back and forth
  • Payment via PayPal / venmo / bank transfer are all fine. Shipping is covered (costs me ~$50 to ship to CONUS, and $70 to Australia)
  • Shipping out of Beijing arrives in most countries in a week, occasionally takes a few more days at the customs. I've done quite a few transactions here, and my counterparties can back me up.

View attachment 275878

View attachment 275877

View attachment 275880
View attachment 275879
Man those hitohira’s are absolutely gorgeous! Will get one at some point

Back