Leaf Spring Kitchen Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renzwerkz

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanna know how you guys think about this leaf spring knives.

These are my private collection of Japanese-style Knives made from leaf spring carbon steel. I'm not really sure whether 1094 or 5160, but it really is have a decent cutting performance from each one of them.

(L-R)
150mm Petty
150mm double bevel Honesuki
150mm single bevel Honesuki
200mm Gyuto
240mm Gyuto

Disclaimer:
I've had never intended to promote or sell these knives on this forum.
20210324_100246-01.jpeg

Interested to hear more about your thoughts on these... Are they made in Indonesia?
Bernal has started selling nice looking ones made in Indonesia ($108 for a 240).
https://bernalcutlery.com/collectio...-spring-steel-kurouchi?variant=39330282995864These look nicer than Davoua, which are also leaf spring low price.

Hi there,
To answer the question, yes it is Made in Indonesia.
Personal thoughts, it is really a decent knives, workhorse kinda style.

And to be honest,
I'm part of a "semi QC person" for the knives, we've been talked a lot about the blade profile, weight of the blade and the wood handle, blade hardness, edge retention etc etc.
Long story short, they wanted to make a huge improvement on 2021. In fact, they are already started to make their sanmai knives with an iron clad. Still on R&D process but i can see which way they're going and what they are trying to accomplish.

I picked one up from homebutcher for like 60 bucks. The finish on it was pretty impressive. Everything was smooth and shiny. The leather sheath it came with was pretty cool. The grind was super convex and chunky behind the edge. Steel was meh.

I picked one up from homebutcher for like 60 bucks. The finish on it was pretty impressive. Everything was smooth and shiny. The leather sheath it came with was pretty cool. The grind was super convex and chunky behind the edge. Steel was meh.

If you dont mind,
Please define "steel was meh".. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ™πŸ™

They look good,
I was considering trying one of these πŸ‘

but How is iron clad San Mai an improvement though aside from looking more japanese? 😁

Disclaimer:
I've had never intended to promote or sell these knives on this forum.
I don't want to sound disrespectful, but promoting and selling is exactly what you're doing. Saying "I'm not selling knives" while trying to tone down or relativize negative feedback seems a bit much. If you're not selling, then welcome and encourage negative feedback and accept that the knives are not very good.

They look good,
I was considering trying one of these πŸ‘

but How is iron clad San Mai an improvement though aside from looking more japanese? 😁

Thankyou.. πŸ™πŸ™
Well, just wanna "step-up" the game i think.. New challange.. πŸ™‚

I don't want to sound disrespectful, but promoting and selling is exactly what you're doing. Saying "I'm not selling knives" while trying to tone down or relativize negative feedback seems a bit much. If you're not selling, then welcome and encourage negative feedback and accept that the knives are not very good.

None taken.. No worries... πŸ™‚
Its based on the title tho, about knives that made from leaf spring.
And yes, i'm very welcome and will accept every feedback from everyone. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™πŸ™

Didn't hold an edge well but it was easy enough to sharpen. Gave it to a friend who wanted to learn how to sharpen. I figured he's get plenty of practice with it.

I see...
Thankyou for your feedback sir, really appreciate it.. πŸ™πŸ™

Back