Lets see your sharpening stations

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something like this.

photodec18133904.jpg

Did you sharpen all those at once Salty? No way I could do that, I get kinda fed up just doing 4

I have sessions with mutiple knives. I find with each knife I'm a little more in the groove. But I'm a 5-6 minute guy. (Pun intended)

My set up at work also consists of a 6 inch 1/3 pan, although I don't have one of those rocking covenant stones.

8396533372_6dc4bf3c0f.jpg

Here's mine...pretty basic I'm afraid...also my primary prep area when cooking.

My wife quickly tired of me sharpening on our white kitchen counter :nono:. So, for $15 and about 2 hours of work I made this. It works decently and is lacquered so I can just wipe it dry.
Sharpening+station.jpg

Sharpening+station.jpg

My wife quickly tired of me sharpening on our white kitchen counter :nono:. So, for $15 and about 2 hours of work I made this. It works decently and is lacquered so I can just wipe it dry.
Sharpening+station.jpg

Wow, with a stone that size you need all that timber to span the sink safely! Which stone is that?

It's an Atagoyama. It is actually one of my medium sized stones. I have a 9lb Atagoyama as well that dwarfs this one.
I actually snapped my first attempt at a sink bridge with one of my larger stones. That area where I cut out the trench for water is actually quite weak.

you might want to switch it so that it tilts down away from you... much easier to sharpen that way

I also use that Kramer sink bridge, it's actually a pretty good deal. And works well on the steel counters when the sinks are ocupado.But what I'd like to know, and I can't quite tell from the picture, what are the make of the 2 knives you have working there?

stainless paint tray work nicely!!
20130123_224143.jpg

dig that groovy red chair. that Does scream for a "drink break"

This is mine (during the summer). The stones are now soaking in my basement, and I just ordered some hotel pans and Jon's stone bridge. I am trying to come up with a better winter set-up.

k.

I also use that Kramer sink bridge, it's actually a pretty good deal. And works well on the steel counters when the sinks are ocupado.But what I'd like to know, and I can't quite tell from the picture, what are the make of the 2 knives you have working there?

Yoshikane SLD Kurouchi Damascus 240 mm Gyuto & Watanabe pro gyuto with Stefan Keller Handle:)

Mine is pretty simple - an old dark room tray and some plywood.

stones1_zps435f475d.jpg

Really easy and cheap setup for me. A 1/2 sheet tray, Rubbermaid to hold stones, stone holder, diamond plate, champagne cork, water bottle, and some non-slip mats that double to wrap and protect the stones in the box. New stones and a new knife, so I was playing around a bit today at work.

241E1B2E-E6EB-484B-8EF5-2CD4E1B6597B-1349-00000110AE619995.jpg

I use a double bucket with a bridge I made from scrap wood laying around. The bridge just slides over the raised divider in the middle, and can be angled however.

ejF1Imo.jpg

this is what i made :) not really for my kitchen knives but rather a dedicated place for my tormek T7, which often used to sharpen drill bits, turning tools, etc. and occasionally for repairing chipped knife blade.

This pic of the station is still without any draws, etc.
IMG_0317.JPG

this is the completed one
IMG_0321.JPG

draws are for various jigs, and of course, a set of stones :)

this is the sink bridge i use for knives, assembled using scrap decking timber.
IMG_0353.JPG

Nice work guys...I just put a stone on a flat stainless work surface...

Back