• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Longest of long shots ... looking for a Billipp!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up: I just received a PM from someone who became a member 17 hours ago, offering a Billipp for sale .... sounds fishy to me, might be trying to contact others searching for high value knives as well!

Just a heads up: I just received a PM from someone who became a member 17 hours ago, offering a Billipp for sale .... sounds fishy to me, might be trying to contact others searching for high value knives as well!

Can you report the PM so that the mod team can take a look please?

It never hurts to pursue it.. I've actually had weird luck with a scammy email / PM. Just ask for pics, use Google to see if they just ripped them from somewhere else, and Also check the Exif data of the picture. If they took it with a camera or phone of their own, there should be all kinds of little clues as to the legitimacy.

F that...ask for a name and contact Billipp...if real you'll know for sure.

That's actually a good point- I couldn't ask the maker with respect to mine. And it also wasn't quite as rare as a Billipp. Just saying it couldn't hurt to cautiously look in at it

I wonder if it was 'nicosales' - been getting PMs too.

A quick search shows 'nicosales' uses the same approach on various forums. Would think they might have the sense to at least change their handle.

Back